LGBT Growing out hair

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Redsand187, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Well, again, since we don't have a style forum I'll have to subsitute the Closet.

I'm thinking I want to grow out my hair. I've pretty much always had real short hair. ~ 1/2" long. A few years ago I let it grow out for a while, got maybe 4" long. Then I couldn't stand it anymore, and cut it all off.

My problem is my hair is really thick, and sticks straight out. So it's super poofy, hence me keeping it real short.

I think I want my hair something like Nick Hexum's of 311. I'm not really a big fan of 311 but I saw their concert on HDnet last night and decided that is what I want.
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing that's about 6" or so at the longest point. So not like I want back-length mane.

Any tips on what I can do in the mean time, while growing out what I can do to train my hair to stay down and not annoy the crap out of me. Also, is there anything I can do to make my hair grow faster? :x:

2. Xocs

Xocs New Member

You have the same problem than me !

Before they are at the right length, I have to pass through a very ugly period ...
    The only tip I can give you is to go in the hairdresser to "refresh" you hair without too cutting them ...

3. red_fox

red_fox New Member

They have thinning scissors so it doesn't get "poofy". When I was going through the ratty in between period, I told the barbers to "thin my hair and clean it up".

4. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

[​IMG]

do eet!
    :noes:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Ive been growing my hair out for the past 6 months. I was like you, before now i dont think my hair was ever close to an inch on top and then shaved on the sides almost every other week...

...then one day I decided I wanted long hair lol

Now its about 5 inches long. I started to have problems with the thickness and was able to do 2 things about it...
    1) My hairdresser is badass...

anyone here watch "Ask a gay man" on you tube? Well my hairdresser was on an edition of that...here is the link...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQFl6FMU1Ug

2) Hair straightener (not some cheap POS from walmart...a good one, spend the money). This thing keeps my hair from getting all clumpy and twisting up. It then lays straight on my head, keeping it from looking poofy.

6. red_fox

red_fox New Member

pic of RedvsBlue's head?

7. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

wow. somebody cares way too much about what people think.

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

lol...Sledd is over the top

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

wow, that comes off kinda forward in this section :rofl:

Seriously though, i dont have any recent pics except from me DJ'ing and none of those really show my hair. Ill post one up sometime if I get motivated though.