SRS Growing apart from friends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brianpsx, Dec 29, 2009.

1. brianpsx

brianpsx Life's a Peach

I'm currently 25 and all my friends are about the same age. They are still into going out all the time drinking and getting high, but I am honestly not really into it anymore. I might go out once in awhile to relax a bit, but I just feel so different. I usually have a much better time just working out and watching a movie at home. I'm thankful to have decent friends who won't stab me in the back, but I just feel they bring me down. I'm not sure how to distance myself without really ignoring them. Anyone ever have similar situations in their life?

2. oakback

oakback New Member

My wife and I had a similar situation, but it was because we were married and have kids. People would still randomly invite us out for drinks or whatever, almost always at last minute's notice. Plus we just don't like doing that anymore, except on rare occasions. We would also get the random last minute invites for trips to the beach or somewhere out of town.

They eventually stopped inviting us, and we found a new group of friends to hang out with. Eventually the first group grew out of the partying phase, and we began to hang out with them again, doing things like having cookouts just hanging out at someone's house every now and then.

There are a couple people who haven't yet grown out of the "party all night, woo!" phase, not sure if they ever will (I'm 27, they're around the same age). They're pretty much acquaintances now.