COMIC Grove from Vampire Hunter D "Blood thirst"

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by FalkorYo, Dec 12, 2003.

1. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

what is he? is he a spirit when he injects him self with what ever it is? Im suer the book explained who/what he is just wondering if anyone know's.

thanks

2. VicenteFox

VicenteFox Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?

i wasnt know what what that talking thing on D's hand is :eek3:

awsome anime, though, i picked it up a few eeks ago.

3. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

Congrats on butchering the english language almost as much as I do. :p

the hand is a parrasite from what I have gathered. Once again the books (arnt they all based on books?) prob explained it. Also which did you get? there are two anime's booth are just called "Vampire Hunter D" but the second one most have dubbed "Blood Thirst" I sugest you check out the other one if you have not seen it. Great flick.

EDIT: Blood LUST

4. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

I don't know much about Grove other than he is human and when he is injected with certain chemicals, he can project his "spirit." I'm sure there is a technical term for that, but I don't know it.

There are two VHD animes, the original being released in 1985 and Bloodlust which was released in 2001. Completely different stories with neither being a sequel or prequel from what I have read.

5. VicenteFox

VicenteFox Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?

Bloodlust, the first was garbage compared the it.

6. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I actually preferred the first film, which is very well done for it's age.

Bloodlust was awesome, but was missing a lot of the ultraviolence that made the original popular, and well, Vampire Hunter D.

The Hand in Bloodlust is also very annoying, in the original he has a cool wit and is free of any totally stupid lines.

And lastly, Count Lee can never lose when it comes to ultra powerful bad guys, it was nice to see D face a real challenge instead of just blow through all of his foes like he did in Bloodlust.

So see both. :)

7. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

in for download of original :x:

8. tom3

tom3 ...

i might have the original on cd... i've never watched it either

9. TriShield

This thread motivated me to watch the first film last night, and I'm going to watch Bloodlust tonight. :big grin:

10. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

I have both on kazaa lite. look there

11. G.I.R.

G.I.R. Guest

is the first worth buying? I have the second, but I wanna see the first, I was hoping it would explain some of this stuff. Either way I want to see the first and was wondering if it was worth throwing down the cash if I can find a copy.

12. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

From my experience, those who have seen Bloodlust first typically do not like the first one(at least not as Bloodlust). However, I love both of them. And I prefer the story from the first more than the second. IMO, it is worth buying, but I highly recommend previewing a copy somehow before buying it.

13. Eyerate

Eyerate New Member

If this isnt "appropriate" for OT then just delete it and maybe let me know in a PM but for all of you looking to see this or any other anime you can find it on irc.aniverse.com #anime-MX or #anime-4ever and on irc.mirc-x.com #anime-xtreme or #animehq . If your familiar with xdcc and fserves that is. And those are just the most popular.

14. TriShield

Let me put it this way, the popularity of the first film in the U.S. is the reason Bloodlust was made, it's that good.

It shouldn't be hard to find.

15. leeHA

leeHA New Member

I loved the first one, and Bloodlust was pretty good too (watched the first one back in 1990 :o )... And like mentioned earlier, the first one was good for when it was done.

16. D

D Guest

D kickes major ass in eathor film i suggest watching the first one also. But i have a question also what happend to D's father Dracula??? if any info

17. Melchior

Melchior Guest

I read somewhere that Grove is pretty much a normal human (aside from being really sick) and that when he takes the green stuff his body goes into a near flatlining state. THe green stuff allows him to project his spirit, and i read that the green stuff is also what made him really sick like that.

I dont know how accurate that is, but it answers some questions as far as an explanation goes.

18. Zero Beat

Zero Beat Guest

i've seen them both and they are good in their own way. but i like the first one better than Blood lust

19. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

blood lust is a good movie period!