GUN Group buy on 91/30's at work

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Brought an issue of Shotgun News in to work today and ended up circulating around the elctricians/mechanics and the guys are interested in the 91/30's from J&G sales especially if we can get them for the 10+ price of $60 each
    There are 2 or more guys at work who have FFL's, one of which I was talking to just last night. He said if I did all the work ordering them and all he had to do was supply the signed FFL and call the ATF and do the background checks, hed do transfers for $20 each

I was just wondering if I went and ordered 10 or more Nagants with my credit card and had them shipped to this guys shop, if there was any problem with people other than me getting the guns transferred to them if I was the one that paid for them?

2. johnson

johnson New Member

Isnt a group buy meant to save money? Why does he want to charge $20 for each transfer?

3. BigBadJohn

Hes not interested in the group buy. Plus the call costs money to make let alone the time involved in filling out the paperwork
    Plus hes got a business, not a charity
    Im thinking of buying maybe 3 hex receiver nagants and would be happy saving $30. I was going to buy them anyway but with multiple people being interested I could save some money

4. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

just get a C&R and you wont have to worry about findng an FFL

5. BigBadJohn

I sent for 2 forms but from what I hear, it will take forever to even get the forms let alone get my license
    Ive heard it will take up to a year now with the current regime

6. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

took me 25 days to get mine

7. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I wouldn't think it is a problem as long as each person does their own 4473. Then again you should probably ask ATF because govt doesn't work on logic.

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

It would be a hard case to make that into a "straw purchase", it's not the same as two shady people in a store picking out guns together. The gun is staying in the hands of the 4473 applicant and not coming back to you. Extra coverage, you could make up receipt letters if you wanted like "I, so so, have agreed to place the total order for bulk pricing on 91/30s on my credit card, with the understanding I will be reimbursed by the end purchasers at cost and the guns will be transfered to the end purchasers by so so FFL."

My only caution would be if in the future, you ended up buying one of these group buy guns from one of the other buyers, a private party sale under that circumstance could be made to have the appearance of a straw sale, so I'd have it transfered through a FFL.

9. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Took me 3 weeks exactly to get my C&R.