GUN Grippers for pistol grip strength.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sprite, Jan 11, 2010.

1. sprite

sprite Active Member

Anyone using grip strengthing tools like Captains of Crush grippers or similar equipment to improve their grip strength?

I just ordered few... Trainer, No. 1, & No. 2. I've always had reasonable grip strength from lifting but have never really done any dedicated grip training. I remember reading an article by Ron Avery in Front Sight a while back, and when I trained with Bob Vogel he brought a couple of CoC grippers along a said he thought they really improved his grip.

Obviously good grip technique will trump raw grip strength, but there are plenty of GM's on both sides of the fence about overall grip pressure. The finer points of strong/support side balance and trigger finger dexterity aside there is the "just enough pressure, but no more than necessary" crowd, and the "crush the fuck out of it" crowd.

I am far from a GM but I am definitely trending towards the "crush the fuck out it" crowd. Generally speaking if my hand placement is good then the tighter I grip the flatter the recoil and more consistent the sight tracking is.

2. BLH

BLH Member

I use to use the Dyna-Flex when I was shooting competively. I can't say definitively if it helped my scoring, but it did improve grip and ability to keep the same grip through a 2hr match.

http://www.pilkguns.com/dynaflex.shtml

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I use to use them when I was climbing a lot, they definitely help. It's something to do when you're watching a movie or cooking dinner or whatever.

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I use deadlifts, no straps