Griffin1979's log v.aslowstart

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Didact, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Goals: To reduce over all body fat
    Increase endurance/stamina
    Walk at a weight of 190-195

Background: I think when I graduated highschool I wieghted about 145lbs soaking wet. Then after leaving homecooked food and hitting a gyms, starting martial arts I gained to about 160. Even though I was eating less than perfect foods, I was still very lean and I had the visable abs to show for it. Later, I hit the gym more, even worked at Gold's Gym and taught a little karate on the side. Started with protein chakes and creatine and bulked up to 185. I was STILL lean with most of my gains in acual muscle. Then for some odd reason I started back to college, got my paramedic license and ended up living off fast food. Less energy, less motivation, getting stiffer, sweating my ass off on easy jobs. Not to mention the fact that my partying lifestyle hasn't slowed up a bit! I'm starting to despise beer and liqour in mass quanities. It it wasn't for me staying active in BJJ I'd be a complete fatass right now. I think over the past 2 years I've gained 20 pounds of flab and at least 3-4 inches in the waist. Gah.

Currently: 27 years old. I'm walking around at 205 with shorts on and a rashguard. 6'1 if I stand straight. Unknown bodyfat percentage.

I enjoy working out alot, but at this stage I'm really interested in endurance, stamina, and just looking good. Hell I've decided to go all out, grabbed some crest whitning strips and a tanning package too. If I'm gonna do this, i'm gonna get everything done.

I'm not pretending to know what I'm doing, and I accept criticism.

I figure if I post this here, at least I'll have something to refer to and maybe get some extra motivation.

Plans: Start doing 45 min to an hour of cardio 4-5 times a week. Incorporate a weight lifting plan for at least 3 days a week. And really work on establishing a CLEAN diet free of fast foods and refined sugars.

Pics as of 5/8/07

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Right on, man. Welcome aboard. Sounds like we're in a similar place. Looking forward to watching your progress.

3. Didact

I need to figure out my bodyfat percentage. Surely a trainer at the gym has some calipers. Can anyone estimate?

4. Didact

5/10/07

Finished a 4 hour BJJ class, biked 6 miles and walked 10 min on a treadmill.

5. Didact

5/11/07

Cardio 10 min walking w/ incline
    10 min eliptical
    20 min on a bike (6 miles)
    10 min on eliptical Fuckin' hell I tried to do it in reverse at first, but it took an effort to go in reverse for 5 min. Front of my legs were burning.
    10 min walking w/ incline

And tonight I've got another 1-2 hours of BJJ

6. Didact

My diet? No fast food. haha

ACtually I'm just trying to eat clean, avoid refined sugars as mush as possible, and try to eat smaller meals more often -- 4-5 small meals a day

The only thing I'm taking right now is a multivitamin, fish oil, glucosomine, and whey protien.

It's cardio oriented mainly because I havn't lifted today or yesterday. I'm definately gonna incorperate weights, I just havn't done it yesterday or today yet.

I'd like to boost my endurance and really lean up -- I have no problem with adding muscle mass, but I know the key to showing that muscles you have is extensive cardio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.