A&P Gridiron shots C&C welcome..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by haikii, Oct 18, 2008.

1. haikii

haikii New Member

Well i visited my mates game. first time watching this sport as its not big here in Australia.. god i don't get it, it was hard following the action.. when there was any, it kept stopping and going lol. But still enjoyable anyway.

Well yeh these are a few.. err half decent shots i taken.. Withi the first one here i need help, like if i close it up so the sky doesnt get blown out everything else gets too dark.. and if i slow/open it up the sky gets blown out but the people get exposed ok. So... yeh how do i get around that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NOR*CAL

NOR*CAL OT Supporter

Paging ademlewis into this thread.

I can't really give you any advice, cause I don't do this stuff.

3. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

First 7 are meh.
    The idea can work, but the execution is a little off. You need to be aware of your backgrounds and what else youre getting in your shot. Its really bad with #2. The background is so in focus that it really detracts from anything that the picture could have had.

Your action isnt bad. I actually like the idea of a pan but it could be pulled off better. I would also shoot tighter or crop tighter. We dont need to see the bystander or the ref or the teammate just standing there clapping (at least in this instance).

#9 Im just kinda confused on. He doesnt really look like hes celebrating but he doesnt look like he just threw the ball either?

Its not a bad start. Football isnt an easy game to photograph and of all the sports Ive shot, Id say its one of them that relys a lot on luck. Not the luck of you getting the shot, but the luck of the play coming to your side of the field and the players not getting in the way of a shot.

Keep at it though. I think football is a really fun sport to shoot. I know Id never want to play though. Im a wussy.

4. mikeskillz

mikeskillz New Member

you've captured action in 1 shot.

5. haikii

haikii New Member

Yeh haha it was hard to capture action when there was absolutely none happening. No joke for the 3 hours that i was there that was about the only thing happening.

Thanks adam, Its hard getting a tighter crop as its as far as my lens can shoot i only have a 18-200 at the moment but making the best of what i got. I guess i could photoshop them but yeh. But that was a good tip with the background stuff.

You shall see more later!! hahaha he has a game every week so it'll be lots of practice for me.. :big grin: