COMIC Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Gauntlet04, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

Well the latest issue of GLC helps push us closer to Blackest Night. The Guardian scared by Anti-Monitor has sent the GL that can speak to the dead (sorry don't have the issue in front of me for his name) to find the corpse of the Anti-Monitor. Hard to believe it's almost 2009.

I'm getting pretty excited for Blackest Night. Just a matter of time before Johns starts pushing towards it in GL. We've seen hints of it with Black Hand in the origin story as well as that creature dude that is part of the Red Corps.

2. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

What the fuck was with that bitch in the Final Crisis tie in? Every time she talked to someone, her eye's changed. Is she just trying to set the prophecy in motion and throwing all these fuckers together?

Atrocitus getting the ring was disturbingly awesome, and that fucking cat made me lawl. I noticed a little intro to the orange lanterns, so what's left? Indigo? That's compassion or something, right? And blue was hope?

Let's see if Barack becomes a Blue Lantern on Nov. 4th.

3. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

i got tired of the green lanter origin (how many times are we gonna have to keep re-reading hal's story). if anything it makes him even more of a jerk/asshole (in relation to his family). of course he's a fighter pilot, so he cocky when he meets up with the guardians/other lanters.

in any case the guardians make a good case on why doesn't hal patrol the other planets in his sector (of course this was when it was just him). i mean come on, earth now has john stewart/guy asshole gardner/kyle - my fav

also:
    just noticed this in the superman run - where superman goes to the future to fight earthman and his justice league/xenophoia runs wild and all ailens are being attacked/put into camps on earth. Towards the end the legion calls in the subs). the girl that changes color/emotion. she's the ultimate lantern :noes:

she makes a reference that they have the 'will' to do it (she has a green aura), also when the subs attack she emits a red aura and is pretty pissed off. at the same time another subs makes a reference that he wished she would go 'blue', cause she's more chipper.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Hehehe :h5:
    I noticed that too. Legion of Super-Heroes ftw :cool:
    But her power was definitly weak, hence being a sub, or at least could not control it to any decent degree. The Legion Superman met does have however a Green Lantern, supposedly the last one of them. Except the last issue of LoSH may have more details about that :mamoru:

Cabbie, the Alpha Lantern was taken over by Grannie Goodness.

I also loved how in the issue they were making so many small references to shit and extra easter eggs. For example, did anyone notice when Atrocitus was swearing his oath, the page layout was set out just like the Red Lantern design for their rings?

Indigo and Orange are the only ones we really haven't seen much of, or any representative of. The Agent Orange tease doesn't count :mamoru:

5. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

second issue of legion of three worlds has more lantern foreshadowing.

the daxamite (can't remember name) that is ion right now is the last guardian, last GL gets killed. not really a mention of the other corps.

6. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Sodam Yat. Properly done, guy's going to be a badass :bowdown:

7. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

Hell ya Sodam Yat is the man. He pretty much went toe-to-toe with Superboy: Prime in Sinestro Corps War. I think Legion of 3 Worlds said he was the last Guardian so you know some pretty crazy stuff goes down in the DCU in the next 1000 years.

That Guardian chick is all corrupted after being touched by the Anti-Monitor at the end of the Sinestro Corps War. She sent Ash to go retrieve Anti-Monitor's corpse (for who knows what) and it was all on the downlow from the other Guardians. Then, it was pretty much implied that she tipped off the Yellow Lanterns about them transporting Sinestro to Korugar and a blood bath ensued. All I know is GL/GLC is about as :bowdown: as it gets right now imo.

8. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

Took me a second read-thru to notice, pretty bad ass