Greeks upset over Alexander film

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by LeonPhelps, Nov 20, 2004.

1. LeonPhelps

LeonPhelps OT Supporter

2. cannonstar

cannonstar Guest

King Phillips of Macedonia took over the greek states back then when they were squabbing all over each other. Alexander inherited the states from his father, but they were testing his newfound power so they rebelled. Alexander kicked their asses hardcore. I guess he got their respect because Alexander loved the greek's way of life and spreaded it all over the known world that he conquered. He was also educated by Aristotle, one of Athen's greatest philosophers.

EDIT: After RTFA'ing, I gotta say that homosexuality was really common back then in ancient greek states. Athens, Sparta and a few others practiced homosexuality for pleasure and bonding.

3. machine

machine Welcome to the Machine OT Supporter

how can something that most of the straight population finds utterly disgusting (imagine yourself kissing another man if you're straight - i don't want to create the sense that im homophobic, but imagine YOURSELF with someone else of your own gender, not just two other people..suddenly it seems a lot less tolerable) be considered a social norm two thousand years ago?

I guess it really goes to show how deeply the whole 'nurture' thing affects us.
    It's hard to believe that our physical hard-wiring has changed so much, so it must be how we're brought up.

4. popeye

popeye New Member

What are you talking about? I kiss dudes all the time.