greatest website hosting packages ive ever seen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Well, it depends on what your primary focus is - bandwidth vs drive space vs price vs features.

Straight out looking at price vs features, they can be beaten (http://www.nomonthlyfees.com - when compared to Stage 1).

Looking at bandwidth allowances, they're pretty good (better than nomonthlyfees.com).

Depends on what you want to do...

3. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

i'm getting the best package offered, the $20 one with 1250mb of space and 30gb of transfer :o

4. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

In my experiences with web hosting, when you find a host offering all of that space and bandwidth, their speed sucks.

5. squds

squds Guest

their packages are teh suck, my old site used to go through 30-40 gigs a month easy, and it was still growing... deticated is the way to go for that much transfer, and then you get a lot more space.. like 20 gb :bigthumb:

6. tenchuninja

tenchuninja Guest

tell us how it works out.

7. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

ive always like to host my webpages myself.

just setup apache and whatever mod u need/want.

just get ur url, redirect it to ur server. and ur done. this works well for smaller sites though. big 30-40gb/M servers will need a real host though.

8. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I started my own hosting company and i took a look at them, if he went with them he is gonna find out quick how bad they are getting. Dot5 started out small and grew big very fast and it hurt them. Growing too fast too soon vs not growing at all seems to be the worst among hosts. Their support and reliability has gone down greatly. I wouldn't host there at all. Granted the packages are nice but when you need support or your site goes down expect to wait a couple of days. One guys host was bought out by them and his site has been down for 3 weeks now. Take a look at their forums, it isn't too pretty. http://forums.dot5hosting.com/ and check general issues, they have also been know to delete threads to make themselves look better. I by no means am trying to get you to go with me and with that being said I'm just trying to help you out. Dot5 seems to have taken quantity of customers over quality when it comes to helping their customers vs just growing period. I'd suggest lookign somewhere else.