Great person, caring and good to me, but....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by formul8, Jan 2, 2009.

1. formul8

formul8 New Member

I am not attracted to her physically.

Here is the story:

Dated a really cute girl for 3.5 years. I am 10 years older and started dated when she was 19 and me 29. She is incredibly attractive to me physically, but has a long way to go maturity-wise.

She broke up with me back in May to go "do her own thing", which has consisted of going to clubs, getting trashed all the time and having lots of "boys" around her. Whatever.

So, I met someone 2 months ago that is a great person and probably a good person for me, but she is 10 years older than me and I am not all that physically attracted to her. I don't mind hanging out with her in public or couching it, but don't want any PDA's or really much desire to sleep with her. We have slept together a few times after going out drinking with friends, but can't sober.

She is a really great person in many ways, but I just can't get over the physical attraction thing. I don't know if that is being shallow or if that is something that just is normal?

I enjoy hanging out with her, but she wants more than I do and I kinda explained that I don't want a relationship anymore than great friends. I feel kinda shallow for thinking like this.

2. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

don't compromise. if you're not happy right now you won't be happy later.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

4. formul8

formul8 New Member

Good memory.

I left out one part of the story in that thread, which is now the subject of this one.

5. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

I was sort of in the same situation, and honestly... cut it off now before it leads to deeper feelings.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  6. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Like others are mentioning you should stop leading her on, and think not only about yourself but her as well. If your not physically attracted to her (and from the sound of it, you find her quite unattractive) then there is likely not going to be any improvement there and that is something VERY important to the success of a relationship.

It's one thing to maybe be less attracted to someone physically than you could be to someone else... however, if you actually find her repulsive, and can't fathom sleeping with her sober, thats ummmm a pretty good indication you shouldn't.

7. formul8

formul8 New Member

I need to tell her that I do not want a romantic relationship. She is not repulsive, just doesn't do it for me and there are a few things that turn me off.

I hate this stuff...