LGBT GREAT NEWS

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Nov 17, 2007.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

!!!!

I was offered an undergraduate research position in the ChemE department.

From my research advisor's website:
    weeee. Apparently I've made a good impression on my professors. They want to pick my brain.

I just need to figure out how this is going to all work out with my life and all. But, this is what I love so I don't mind making it my life.

2. Virality

Virality New Member

Congrats! :)

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Congrats! That is sorta how Ferron's life is playing out (if you remember him). In Undergrad, he was offered a Research Position. After graduating, he stayed at the college for another year with that position, while taking additional classes of interest. A year after graduation, armed with the experience of the research position and attached line credits, he applied and was accepted directly into a Ph.D program... So although he is extremely busy right now, it has been very beneficial to him.

Think stepping stone, handsome. Again, congratulations.

4. XPX

XPX New Member

when I was having trouble with my GI tract I got told to drink a lot of chamomile tea because it has some flavonoids that really help your body heal itself faster....you can now make history in that research...congrats : )

5. RedGoober4Life

I'd love to do this but unfortunately research funding is not increasing in the US.

6. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

As someone who left a PhD program in the physical sciences for law school I will say this: congratulations!

But I will also just give you the words of caution: graduate school is miserable, the paycheck is not at the end of the road and frequently dumb people will hold your professional life in their baby sized fists of incompetence.

Okay I need to sandwich the words of caution between compliments because it is a huge achievement to get noticed in undergrad so: you can change the world with what you are studying honestly! If this is what you love go change the world.

:h5:

7. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:mamoru:

8. RedGoober4Life

Industry is miserable.

I've thought about this, and I just don't care about making a lot of money. Not to be cocky, but I could do anything with my life. I'd rather be an integral part of science rather than an end user.