Great, my shoulder hurts now too.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hootpie, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootpie

hootpie New Member

This is my second week on christopher's routine and this shit happens? Lame.

I did the regular Monday workout and felt fine (albeit, very tired) on Monday night, all of Tuesday, then out of the blue Tuesday night, I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder as I reach for a water bottle on my desk with my left hand.

I guess I did something to my glenohumeral joint/ligament, which doesn't make sense because I just spent a week correcting my benchpress form (which has resulted in some nice gains and a much more comfortable benchpress experience). My benchpress form used to be pretty bad and it bothered my shoulders, so it doesn't make sense that this would happen after I correct it.

My friend said he had something similar and it went away after a couple of days...this shit better be gone by Friday :mad:

Edit: It also hurts if I bend my elbow and reach for the back of my neck.

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

ice it and take some NSAIDs

3. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Will do

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I messed up my shoulder just over a month ago. I must have hurt it lifting because the next day the pain was horrible. For nearly 2 weeks I couldn't sleep on that side and had to take a week off of the gym. Slowly it went away and was fine. Then about a week ago I was doing rotator-cuff exercises after a pretty intense shoulder workout and it came again.. So bad I had to drop the dumbell to the floor. For a week now it has been killing me again.

It feels like there is a sharp pain deep in my right shoulder... Almost like a nerve is being pinched and sometimes when the pain gets really bad it extends slightly up my neck.

Anyone experience this or have anything to say about it?
    I never went to the doctor the first time around because I figured it would heal itself. But since it felt healed and then it got fucked up again I am worried. I do not want a re-occuring shoulder injury I have to deal with for the rest of my life :wtc:

5. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I'd see a doctor if I were you. My dad tore his rotator cuff twice and now he can't raise his right arm past shoulder level :hs:.

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

yeah, that is what I am afraid of.

My dad also tore his rotator cuff when he was younger and has had problems with it ever since. Just this year he has had surgery 2 times and is always in physical therapy for it. I do not want to be one of those 30/40 year old guys limited on what they can do from "an older shoulder injury back in the day"
    :wtc:

7. Ceaze

So basically once the pain went away you resumed the same stuff you were doing that caused the injury the first time?

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Hardly.

First off, I am not even really sure what exactly caused the injury. The first time I hurt it, I just woke up and it was killing me. But the night prior I had a really intense chest workout (could be that).

It hurt bad for 2 weeks and and then kinda went away. Even after it went away I was scared about hurting it again.... So for a whole month I did not do shoulders and took it easy on my lifts even once the pain was gone.

Well after 2 weeks of it feeling ok, I decided it was time to get back into doing shoulders again. Unfortunately I am an idiot and thought it was completely healed and hit shoulders pretty hard. I finished my entire workout and was on the LAST FUCKING SET OF MY SHOULDER WORKOUT and on my 8th rep (8 of 10) I hear this funny noise while doing rotator cuff exercises and an intense pain comes on. For a week now it has been killing me.
    I did not do any shoulders for chest for a week, and then today I did chest finally. It felt ok on when working with the bar. I was able to get 245 on decline for a set of 12 and 295 for a set of 6. It was on the db's that it felt uncomfortable though.

I am going to see a doctor, but I am just afraid the dumb-fuck is going to tell me to take an anti-inflamatory and not lift for year. Being lazy and taking anti-inflamatories is his answer to everything :rolleyes:

9. Ceaze

You really have to see an ortho when it comes to injuries like this, GP's are clueless.

10. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Thanks for the tip.

Should I have my GP recommend one or just find one that is close?

Thanks for the help man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.