Great ideo for WoW PvP servers...

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by CodeX, Mar 2, 2008.

1. CodeX

CodeX Guest

So I got this idea today and I think it is amazing and would love it if blizzard implemented it in a coming patch and was wondering if anyone knew how to go about actually suggesting this to blizzard reps?

Basically, you would have a fame/infamy rating and a bounty. There would be some formula for calculating the amount of infamy you would gain when you kill players who are lower level than you are, basically if you are a 70 rogue and you kill a level 10 in elwynn you will get a bunch of infamy rating. The opposite is also true, if you kill a player with a high infamy rating you gain fame, and also loot based on their bounty (which is of course based on their infamy level) and on your own fame level.

So for example you see someone with a very high infamy rating, therefore with a high bounty, so you kill them in order to get that bounty. In doing so you receive loot (cash, items, whatever, NOT taken from the player) and also gain fame rating for yourself. The more fame you have the more you loot you get when you kill someone with infamy.

Now the only thing I see that is lacking is incentive to get a high infamy rating... but that could be used to purchase special items from like evil villain npc's, and also just because its fun to gank people which people do all the time anyway.

What do you think?

2. UndefinedMinded

UndefinedMinded Active Member

So I got this idea today and I think it is amazing and would love it if blizzard implemented it in a coming patch and was wondering if anyone knew how to go about actually suggesting this to blizzard reps?

Basically, you would have a fame/infamy rating and a bounty. There would be some formula for calculating the amount of infamy you would gain when you kill players who are lower level than you are, basically if you are a 70 rogue and you kill a level 10 in elwynn you will get a bunch of infamy rating. The opposite is also true, if you kill a player with a high infamy rating you gain fame, and also loot based on their bounty (which is of course based on their infamy level) and on your own fame level.

So for example you see someone with a very high infamy rating, therefore with a high bounty, so you kill them in order to get that bounty. In doing so you receive loot (cash, items, whatever, NOT taken from the player) and also gain fame rating for yourself. The more fame you have the more you loot you get when you kill someone with infamy.

Now the only thing I see that is lacking is incentive to get a high infamy rating... but that could be used to purchase special items from like evil villain npc's, and also just because its fun to gank people which people do all the time anyway.

What do you think?

3. Poetic

Poetic New Member

good ideo

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

UndefinedMind I have seen several of your other posts and I just have to ask have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?

That was me being nice, what I wanted to say was get a fucking life you piece of shit and stop wasting people time with your posts, but I am too nice to say that publicly.

5. Sexbomb

Sexbomb New Member

Undefined, thats probably the worst fucking idea ever. I seriously hope you didn't come up with that yourself.

6. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Oh! Or they could have some sort of fame/infamy bounty system!

7. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I guess if I want to be serious for 2 seconds I shouldn't post here huh?

I really wanna know what you pvp server guys think of this?

8. UndefinedMinded

Wow, someone takes the internet way too fucking seriously. :ugh:

Yes, my posts are usually on the extreme side, but that's what people look for in an entertaining thread. You gotta do one or the other. Troll or post crazy shit. For example: My "Girl Gets Shitted On" thread. http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3701225

But to assume my posts and threads reflect my real life persona, that's jumping the gun, but I don't blame you for doing so. Think whatever you want though because I personally can care less what some individual thinks of me on an internet forum. :mamoru:

But looking at this on an ethical scale, yes I'll admit, I shouldn't be posting in other peoples' threads like how I do in the main forum. Fucking around like that is the norm there, and people just laugh and shake it off. But anyway, if you're going to be offended that much by it, you're one raging homosexually homoerotic homosexual. :greddy:

9. UndefinedMinded

:wtc:

10. UndefinedMinded

Holy fucking christ, you don't even have a single post nor thread in the main forum do you? :eek3:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This pretty much explains your reaction to my post. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just... you don't have a single post nor thread in the main forum, lol.

My bad dood, sorry for fuckin with you thread man. :o

11. CodeX

CodeX Guest

well im not 12, I work full time, i don't get much time to do what I want to do, certainly not enough time to rack up 33,000 posts like you have... So when I do post I do so because I have something I want to talk about or share... I am not on here killing time because I have nothing else going for me in my life... I guess this isnt the forum for me if all it boils down to is posting random shit for no reason all over the place, I dont have time for that

12. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. UndefinedMinded

No shit man. I'll be right up there with you when I graduate next semester. I'm currently going to school full time, tending to a demanding ass girlfriend (soon to be wife), balancing a social life, wishing I had more time for the gym, and for mmorpgs like wow. But you tell me what's more time consuming, averaging 20 posts per day or spending hours if not days just to hit that next level in wow?

I wasn't poking fun at you in my previous post. If that's what it sounded like I apologize, but I was just saying is people in the main forum are 100 times worse, and what I did was nothing really. And then I see you getting all haywire over something so minuscule. I had to sit there and wonder wtf. So for future reference, if you ever decide to post there, you should know what to expect, and to not react so cynically because everyone there knows it's all fun and games.

Anyway, if your time is so important and limited, why even waste time pointing it out and getting upset posting about it?

In closure, I didn't realize how important this thread is to you. If it would make you happier without my presence in your thread, why not delete it and make it over? :cool:

14. Gek

Gek Go for broke

this is some cereal business..

15. UndefinedMinded

I rarely argue with anyone too. Codex is just being really mean to me.

16. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

I don't see the point of the infamy system. No one does world pvp anyway, and I'm pretty sure blizzard is working to discourage world pvp. Any attempt to attack an alliance town causes hordes of guards to spawn, soon you are overrun and your fun is over.

17. UndefinedMinded

:werd:

18. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Yeah true but I guess I was hoping this would revitalize world PvP since I like it. I mean you don't have to attack a city, you could form entire guilds of assassins that go around ganking low level people and getting the highest infamy rating possible, or you could form a guild of bounty hunters or peace keepers who hunt down the evil people and bring them to justice lol. I dont know it just sounds fun to me

19. inter

inter SOON

Why would you want even more people running around ganking lowbies?

20. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

What do you think?

21. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

That is such an awful idea I believe the only solution is death, please do the world a favor and end your life, if this is your idea after all.

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

tibbar I have seen several of your other posts and I just have to ask have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?

That was me being nice, what I wanted to say was get a fucking life you piece of shit and stop wasting people time with your posts, but I am too nice to say that publicly.

23. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Congrats on being a bunch of fuckups and social rejects. I dont know why I asked the opinion of the people on these forums I realize now that I wouldn't want it anyway. Thinking its somehow funny to just copy someone elses post is about the most childish thing I can think of, do you guys do that thing where you say what the other person says right after they say it in real life? Have fun being a bunch of children, I am glad you found a home here. Enjoy your minimum wage jobs and your trailor parks.

24. Fried Penis

Fried Penis i has a penii

Congrats on being a bunch of fuckups and social rejects. I dont know why I asked the opinion of the people on these forums I realize now that I wouldn't want it anyway. Thinking its somehow funny to just copy someone elses post is about the most childish thing I can think of, do you guys do that thing where you say what the other person says right after they say it in real life? Have fun being a bunch of children, I am glad you found a home here. Enjoy your minimum wage jobs and your trailor parks.

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

well im not 12, I work full time, i don't get much time to do what I want to do, certainly not enough time to rack up 33,000 posts like you have... So when I do post I do so because I have something I want to talk about or share... I am not on here killing time because I have nothing else going for me in my life... I guess this isnt the forum for me if all it boils down to is posting random shit for no reason all over the place, I dont have time for that