GUN Great deal on reloading press...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by texchef, Mar 10, 2008.

1. texchef

texchef Guest

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Lee-Pro-100...ryZ71120QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously, best deal i found. Lee Pro 1000 with a free die kit of your choice from the ones listed. $151 shipped. Best deal I found so I bought one. Most of the Pro 1000s I found were $150 before shipping and die kit. I watched some vids on youtube about this one and it will drop the case in for you and all you have to do is set the slug, even rotates for you.

Picked up over 400 pieces of 9mm brass at the range today...only shot 250. :noes:

2. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

How are the lee pro 1000's? I was considering a dillon but this looks like it might be decent.

3. texchef

texchef Guest

Solid from everything I have read. Dillons are nice also but twice the price. Personal preference? :dunno:

4. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Will the 1000 load rifle rounds also?

5. texchef

texchef Guest

223 is the tallest it will handle. Anything taller requires the Breech Lock Press Kit. I hear you guys bitching about .223 ammo cost and this will do it.

6. minus

I already have dies. 139 shipped from midway. In stock too. I'd be interested in the reviews of the press tho.

7. minus

Single stage for rifle ftw?

8. texchef

texchef Guest

Makes sense to me. I'm just loading 9mm and .40S&W to start with. If I get into rifle calibers I'll probably do single stage. Only rifle I have now is a 30-30 so I'm not concerned.

9. texchef

texchef Guest

BTW, I AM NOT pimping for this guy. I just found a good deal and wanted to pass it along to my WMD bretheren.

Copied from the Ebay ad:

David E. from Longview, WA:
    [​IMG] For the last year and a half I have been using your fine Progressive 1000 press. In this time I have loaded approximately 8000 round of .45 ACP with excellent results! The ammo is consistent in quality and accuracy I have no complaints whatsoever.
    [​IMG] I have used Dillon, RCBS, C&H, Hornady and Star Auto presses. All of these are fine products and have served me well in the last 17 years, but all of these presses had or have small quirks that I had to overcome in order to make them work for me. I won't go into specifics here but I will say that they had to do with case and primer feeding. Your case feeding system for a small scale press is second to none! It is simple and once setup, is entirely bulletproof in operation (bad pun, sorry). The most touchy part of ANY reloader is the handling and delivery of primers. Frankly, if I could afford it, I would buy all of my cases new and factory primed. But since the main reason I reload at all is to save money, this isn't an option. Until I got my Pro 1000, case priming was a separate operation performed on the washing machine in the garage. Like I said, 8000 rounds in the last 18 months and without mishap. I use only CCI 350's. Not because you folks said so but because they work the best with my 45ACP loads.
    [​IMG] I belong to and shoot with the local USPSA/IPSC club. A lot of the guys use this press and find it to be the best for the money.....Again, thanks for building this fine press.

David S. from Jasper, GA:
    [​IMG] I recently purchased a Lee Progressive 1000 loader in 9mm Luger from Midway in Missouri. I wanted to let you know how pleased I am with this excellent piece of equipment.
    [​IMG] I had seen the 1000 advertised in several flyers, etc. However, I was convinced to get one after reading an article about it in "SWAT" magazine (a special issue devoted to high capacity 9mm pistols). I have a progressive shotshell reloader (a MEC Grabber), but my reloading experience in metallic cartridges was limited to a single stage press.
    [​IMG] Using the 1000 has been a revelation. The rounds are consistent, and the only malfunctions I've had in reloading have been the result of "breaking in" the operator-Me! Your directions and instructions are excellent. Overall, I am delighted with the loader, as I am with all my Lee products (dies, bullet sizers, lead furnace, auto-prime, etc.) Keep up the good work!!!

John R. from Sacramento, CA:
    [​IMG] The enclosed decapper pin was installed in a Lee Carbide Pistol Die Set I purchased In January of this year. It broke while reloading ammunition. I am very pleased with the performance, as I had reloaded approximately 9,000 rounds with it; however, I would like you to replace it under the terms of your warranty.
    [​IMG] As a passing note, I've been using a Lee Progressive 1000 for almost 2 years and it is SUPER! I bought it as a novice reloader and have found it to be exceptionally forgiving when I started and exceptionally accommodating now that I have some proficiency. Thank you.

William J. from Rockaway, NJ:
    [​IMG] .....I have used your molds as well as most of your other equipment for many years with great satisfaction and have recommended and sold your equipment to my customers and friends for as long. I have loaded almost 100,000 rounds of 380 Auto ammo on one of your Progressive 1000 presses. I have taken it apart three times to clean and lubricate it and modified one part to increase reliability (the finished round ejector sometimes let a round fall onto the shell plate instead of pushing it into the discharge shoot) otherwise I have had no breakage's or serious problems. Keep up the good work!

David K. from Powder Springs, GA:
    [​IMG] Today I called your complaint department to complain about my Lee Pro 1000 press, .38 & .357 caliber. I've had this press about 6 or 7 years and have loaded many thousands of rounds with it and yesterday I had to break the thing down and clean it. It finally started giving me some trouble with the primer dispensing.
    [​IMG] I am something of a do it yourselfer, and I like to tinker with the equipment that I use in my hobbies. I made some modifications on my Delta table saw, and improved it's performance a good deal. I bedded the action on my custom Mauser, and cut my group size in half.
    [​IMG] My complaint is that you built this darned thing so well that I can't find anything to tinker with on it. I have had no trouble with it and have had to clean it only this one time and I hate it. I hate it so much I just bought another Lee Pro 1000 in 9 mm. I guess I'll wind up hating it, too. When I got the Pro 1000, I set it up and the first day loaded 1500 rounds of 9mm flawlessly. You build your stuff too well. Thank you for giving the public something that really works.

Gary K. from Live Oak, TX:
    [​IMG] I just wanted to drop you a line to express how very pleased I have been with Lee reloading equipment. I purchased a Lee Pro 1000, through Midway, Inc., during October 1990. Since then, I have purchased taper crimp dies, and other accessories, all Lee where possible. I shoot about 15 to 20 boxes of .380, 9mm, .45, .38 spl and/or .357 per month. There is no way I could afford that level of activity without the benefit of reloading my own ammunition.
    [​IMG] Translated into number of rounds....I have reloaded over 32,000 rounds of ammunition with my Pro 1000! As a separate step, I also decap and size all previously fired cases with my Pro 1000. That means, all total, that my Pro 1000 has been through over 128,000 complete "up and down" cycles! It has never failed me, and to this day, performs flawlessly.
    [​IMG] I have been so impressed with my Pro 1000 that about two years ago I had an opportunity to buy a "nearly new" used Pro 1000.I did so on the chance that I might need some spare parts some day. I have yet to crack the box containing the second Pro 1000!

10. minus

Hmm perhaps I will order one from midway so I can shoot plates sunday :noes:.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

If I bought a lee I'd get the cast turret

12. minus

I have a single stage I love.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

must go faster :big grin:

14. minus

Why I am buying the pro1000 and a 500 box of 230gr round nose. The 1911 is hungry.

15. minus

I just ordered the pro 1000 , boolits and the case funnel. You are all horrible people :squint:.

:big grin:

16. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

What else would be needed

17. minus

Powder,bullets,primers and a bench. minus whale get a scale too.

18. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

Heard it sucks for rifle rounds... I just got the classic turret and I can run these fast enough to make a weekends worth of fun without putting too much time into it

19. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Scale is a necessity, bro. You gotta measure the charge somehow...

20. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

You CAN NOT reload without a scale

21. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, you'll need a scale, especially when you first calibrate your press, your going to watch the charges every 10th round until you are confident your powder charge is consistent.

22. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

unless you get lee's little scoop set :o

23. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I'm probably going to get a load master eventually. I'll be honest, I don't get the Dillon sack riding :dunno:

24. AB13

AB13 New Member

I have both a Lee and Dillon. If you reload much, and have reloaded on both, they both definitely feel different. My buddies have 1000 pros, and he's had some issues getting it calibrated and holding the calibrations. I don't think I've ever had to adjust my dies since I've set them a few thousand rounds later they are all within tolerance.

About 90% of my clubs members load on a Dillon. I just suggest you try and find a local shop that has them on display. Play with the tooling and judge for yourself.

That said, I love Lee dies. I'm a last minute kind of guy, and the last thing I need is my reloader crapping out on me the night before a match.

The Lee vs. Dillon arguement is as monumental as Chevy vs. Ford. as cheap as I am, trust me, if I could have gotten away with it paying less for the Lee, I'd been all over it. Cause I honestly don't do it for the name.

25. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Just looked through the master catalog of Cabelas, and they have the same setup for $140, and with the 38FLAT $5 flat rate shipping it comes out cheaper than the eBay guy, and ships immediately. I haven't bought it yet, but probably will.