MIL great article about my job V. USCG

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ry1400, May 15, 2007.

1. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

2. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

I forget did you go to OS A school or were you assigned there from bootcamp? Either way OS/COMMS land billets aren't bad. I'm at my 2nd shore unit as an OS and I'll tell you it's a great job. We get a lot of dead/down time in the winter (when you're stationed in the NW or NE) and then job experience in the summer.

Cool write up. It's always interesting to read up about how things go in different AOR's.

3. s3rca

s3rca New Member

im currently on land , im a LORAN control monitor , let me tell you its way too much down time to be comfortable . im aching to get back on a 378

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

I miss Alexandria, VA :wtc:

5. s3rca

s3rca New Member

its a nice place but i made the mistake of looking for an apartment on the interenet from california . the place i chose didnt quite specify that i would see welfare degenerates and drug dealers in my complex on a regular basis . i live in the absolute worst part of alexandria .

6. Ry1400

Ry1400 New Member

I got stationed here out of bootcamp.

I am currently a non-rate, and i will be going to IT a school.

I get to see a good mix of what the ITs do here, and I work for/with the ETs the OSs are their own group, and are all seperate on the OPS deck. I know them, but i dont see how their job is done.

I cant wait for A school, going to Petaluma!

and as for 378s the chase pulled in and i loved that boat. its pretty neat. i wouldnt mind going afloat after im rated.

7. s3rca

s3rca New Member

ive heard horror stories about the chase , she spends alot of time in dry dock , kind of like the morgenthau . Petalumas kind of fun , its a small town so there isnt much to do except drink . i grew up only an hour south of there so i probably enjoyed myself a little more than my classmates because i was able to see close friends on a regular basis .

8. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

haha i lived in a bad part too. Near Fort Belvoir off the Route 1 or watever that main road is. Skyview Apts. was the name of the place. so ghetto. my motorcylce was stolen there :(