COMIC Grave of the Fireflies ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Azn Bed Rocka, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Azn Bed Rocka

Azn Bed Rocka made from SCRATCH

can someone give me the lowdown on what this anime is about ?:)

2. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

Toward the latter years of World War II, the tide had turned against the Japanese. American air raids threaten the livelihood of 14-year-old Seita and his infant sister Setsuko. Fleeing their village as it burns to a cinder, the two face the harsh realities of a war they want no part of. Their family and neighbors are of no assistance, and they soon realize that the milk of charity runs sour during times of great destruction. Exhausted by starvation and listlessness, their future appears nonexistent; a dark inevitability marked by diminishing hope.

not alot of action, just a very, very good and emotional story about the tragedies and destruction of war. it's probably the best story driven anime and among the best (if not the best) anime of all time. :bowdown:

I'd recommend watching twice. there is alot of symbolism scattered throughout.

3. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

Miyazaki is known for his uncanny talent in layering meaning upon meaning for all ages. When's the last time you watched My Neighbor Totorro? ^_^ I was 8, just got it for my little sister on X-Mas and man was I surprised how much I missed/didn't get when I was younger... true genious.

4. Azn Bed Rocka

Azn Bed Rocka made from SCRATCH

sounds good guys, ill check it out. . . thanks :bigthumb:

5. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

I think I have this. I have to check it out. Everyone agrees that the movie is awesome--even Roger Ebert. It's on his top 100 movies of all time list.

6. gen5

gen5 Guest

have some tissues ready.