SRS Grass is always greener mentality.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jackie Treehorn, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

How does everyone get past this? Why am I always looking for something "better?" Whether it be with women, job, lifestyle, etc? I know it's most likely not going to make me happier then I already am.

Happiness is in the appreciation of the journey, not a final destination. I keep trying to remind myself of this :o

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

You are a perfectionist. Simple as that.

There will always be something better for everybody.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Everyone feels that way.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

You're asking the wrong question.

Your grass would be green too if you took better care of it...

;)

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I get past it by realizing that no matter where I go, I take me along. It's important to separate dissatisfaction in your job with dissatisfaction in you. This applies to everything we want that's different than what we currently have.

Now that's not saying that having nice things is wrong or right....it's simply an acknowledgment that most people start looking at either their jobs, or s/o or house or whatever when the real issues lie in the person themselves.

Also, most people want what they want, when they want it and tehy don't want to work for it. Practically everyone can be wealthy if they apply certain principles over time. The problem is, most people want to be wealthy right now....they don't want to work for it at all.

6. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

All very valid points. My work ethic definitely needs some improvement :o

7. Mulsanne

Mulsanne The Man = Funk Fusion Chaos

I guess as long as you can keep it under control and be rational about it, it can be motivating :dunno:

8. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

:werd:, I was going to say something like this.

9. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

Positivity challenge, look it up

10. Kelso

Kelso New Member

C&P'd straight from my MySpace about me, learned it the hard way and now hold it dear to me:

I consider myself blessed to have found out that if you stand here and water the grass on your side of the fence that it will always be greener. Dont wait on others to nourish your soul.

Ones character is not always defined by who you are at any one moment, it is defined by time. It takes time to build character, and consequently, time is also what it takes to prove that you are merely "JUST" a character. I hope everyone realizes this and keeps it somewhere this side of the back of their mind.

11. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

It's normal to compare yourself to people who "have it better." That's all we're forced to look at in the media: People with 19 million dollar houses with a staff of 52.. etc. You never see the poor, homeless, sad, malnourished people unless you're watching infomercials at 4am. The truth of the matter is those disgustingly successful people you always see make up a very small percentage of the population. YOU most likely are far more fortunate than many people.

You have a place to live, income, no fear of where your next meal is coming from, companionship, as well as many luxuries (the internet being one of them). I complain sometimes that I still have dialup at home, but I know people who have never even owned a computer.

Just because you may not have the extra money to buy a new car every year, or you many not have the most perfect relationships, doesnt mean you live a bad life. You have more than enough to live off of, and I want you to see how lucky and fortunate you are. As for your possible bad luck with women, I would suggest being happy that those relationships have ended. They obviously weren't good enough for you, and they have only left you single and open to meeting a woman who could potentially change your life.

Best wishes.