MMA grapplers quest 2/17

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Feb 19, 2007.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

so I just came back from grapplers quest... did 149 no gi advanced and 140-159 blue belt gi (what a horribly made weight class). The no gi division was stacked as hell, I drew wilson reis as my opponent... our match went like this: I tied up with him, jumped to a heel hook which he rolled out of. While he was escaping I double legged him and got a sweep/takedown for 2, he creates distance somehow and armdrags me and I go to my back to stop him from taking mine... 2 points for him. I attempt to sweep him a couple times and abandon that and get back to my feet. He tries to take me down and I get him in a front headlock, I go for a cement mixer but fail and he armdrags me for another takedown. Now hes up by 2 and my team is screaming at me to start working. I go for a knee bar, he slips out and takes my back and chokes me.

This guy was the second black belt I've fought... felt really technical and strong as fuck. I think that I need a lot more time to really hang with someone like him but was a great learning experience.

I went 2-1 in my gi division, lost my last match to the bracket winner by 2 points (final score 4-2) by getting caught by some strange open guard sweep in the last 30 seconds of the match (AGAIN!!!). Upset/dissapointed in myself for losing to him but also feel that he deserved it.

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

Nice dude, looks like you gave that black belt a hard time though, good shit.

3. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

werd man, sounds like a good match!
    hell, a blue belt giving a black belter a run for his money deserves props mang. You did well, congrats on the results.

Vids by any chance?

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

nah, my friend didn't lend me his camera and didn't come along for the trip so I don't have videos of it. oh, and forgot to mention, marcello garcia was there to compete in the 4 man pro division... wow the guy submitted his two opponents (both black belts) without getting a point scored on him!!! First guy he fought was marcos avellon from FFA, he got rear naked choked. Second guy he fought was gregor gracie, who he dominated 25-0 and then north/south choked him (jeff monson style).

5. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i wish i could get better at the NS choke :( i really suck at that crap

6. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I used to think you needed jeff monson's lats to finish it, but after garcia did it... I guess it is something I should work on.

7. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Wow congratulations......