Graphics Card Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Vincent, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Vincent

Vincent New Member

The current video card I have is an ATI 9500 120mb card. It has a lot of overheating issues. It's so bad that I have to use my table fan beside my bed and put it beside my computer with the side panel off and have it blow inside. Yet that lessens the problem for a bit, I still get VGA or graphics related errors while I am playing certain games like World of Warcraft, BF2, and Ragnarok Online. I have to restart my computer to fix the problem and this is becoming really a problem. I was thinking it could be a memory problem but I currently have only 512mb of pc3200 ram now. Should I just go ahead and buy a new graphics card? I do not really want a high-end graphics card, just one that is able to play the games I listed above.

Any Suggestions?

2. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

I am assuming you do not have the card overclocked? is it using the stock heatsink and fan?

3. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

either stop overclocking it or water cool it. if you're not overclocking it then it's time for a new video card.

4. Vincent

Vincent New Member

It is using a stock heatsink and fan on it. I guess your talking about the fan/heatsink attached to it? I have like a normal table fan anyone would use blowing into it. I do not have it overclock as I don't know how to do that unless your talking about fiddling around with the settings through the ATI control panel.

5. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

no, I dont think you can do anything harmful through the ati control panel

your card might just be crapped out. If it has overheated so much, it is likely that it has damaged the components.

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

is the fan actualy still running on it? my brother was having the same problems. i looked at the card. told him the fan on the gpu was broken and he should replace it/not use it for now. he put a table fan on it, it worked fine for awhile... and then it fried the card. lol.

i just bought him a radeon 9600 256mb card for christmas/his birthday.