Graphic Design Interview Tomorrow

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jayjay, Dec 14, 2004.

1. jayjay

jayjay Guest

Kinda Nervous...Not sure what to ask for...any help???

2. Error

Error ¿ti†le øut-of_order

Relax. I'm a professional graphic designer, and trust me.. my interview was more hell than yours will be!

They'll look at your portfolio, then ask you the usual range of shit like "why do you wanna work for us?" and "can you offer us shit, or are you fucking useless?"

Ask you a few things about yourself, what kinda art you like to do, what you're good and weak at, and shit like that.

Just relax. Have a cup of tea. If you're nervous, walk in and say "Sorry I'm nervous, I just really want to work here!"

Worked for me.

3. jayjay

jayjay Guest

thanks...its my first job out of college and Ive been working in a shitty leasing office for an apartment community...no thanks to my awesome graphics degree. The guy is pretty laid back, but I dont know what to ask for in terms of money. I want to ask 40k. Is that unreasonable?

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

what's your portfolio look like?

what city is the firm in?

5. dmora

dmora Guest

God i wish i could get at LEAST a damn interview with a creative company :sad2: Austin has a shit market for this.

6. MBC

MBC Guest

wish you good luck ;)

7. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

...god luck with the interview! :)

8. Error

40k isn't bad to start.

9. MBC

MBC Guest

How was it?

10. jayjay

jayjay Guest

My portfolio is pretty good, I went to University of Kansas for Graphic Design. I have a broad range of work in there. Menu's , CD covers, Art Gallery Posters, business cards, Logos, all that good shiat. The company is in dallas.

11. jayjay

jayjay Guest

It went well and I am supposed to get hired onto their team by Jan. 15th. Im just not sure if they are completely legit. They called me last night at 9:30p.m. (is that weird) and asked me to do a logo...I told him that I can get him the work, but I need a scanner(mine's broken) and some other stuff and some direction. He just told me that I could come in and work on it there...however, I still have my current job to worry about...AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

12. Error

Don't bust ass until you're getting a paycheck.

13. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

:werd: What kind of job calls you out of the blue without hiring you yet and starts asking for work? I would be asking for compensation up front. 9:30 pm? :wtf:

14. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:werd: don't do shit for them until you're getting paid.

15. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

how much are you guys making as a graphic designer? what kind of company are you working for? im a graphic design student at LSU right now so i'm just wondering.