GUN Granny wrestles gun from carjacker and shoots him

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 28, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...hooting_28met.ART.State.Edition2.441116f.html

Woman takes gun, shoots would-be carjacker

Frisco: Teen hospitalized in critical condition for wound to stomach

12:00 AM CST on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

By PAUL MEYER / The Dallas Morning News
    [email protected]

A 60-year-old woman confronted an armed teenager trying to steal her car, wrestled away his gun and shot him in the stomach Tuesday evening outside a Frisco apartment complex, police said.

Frisco police Sgt. Gina McFarlin said the woman was getting out of her car about 7:45 p.m. at the Wade Crossing apartments when the 19-year-old approached and demanded her keys.

The woman refused, and the teen pulled a small handgun. During an ensuing scuffle, the woman gained control of the gun, shot the carjacker once and dropped the weapon. He then picked it off the ground and fled. Police found the man in a nearby apartment complex and recovered the firearm from some bushes near where the woman was attacked.

The teenager was undergoing surgery late Tuesday night at Dallas' Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he was listed in critical condition. The woman was not injured.

Police found two shell casings at the scene of the attempted carjacking, which occurred in the 9300 block of Wade Boulevard near Preston Road. It remained unclear whether the suspect may have fired one shot into the air as a warning to the woman.

"We don't recommend it," Sgt. McFarlin said of the woman's decision to confront her attacker.

"Always the safe thing to do, unless you're in fear of imminent bodily injury, is to comply."

:bowdown:

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'd say if you've got a gun pointed at you you're in fear of imminent bodily injury. Senior citizens have been dishing out some street justice recently.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

god damn shit like this makes me want to punch a puppy.

4. t1h

t1h Guest

she should of shot him more then once

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I was gonna post this :squint:

6. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

I hope when he gets out of jail, his friends make fun of him.

"Hahaha, you're the dumbass that let a little old lady take your gun and bust a cap in you with it!"

7. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Holy shit - I know exactly where that happened, and find it a bit surprising that an attempted carjacking happened there. Decent area near the community college and some moderately upscale apartments...

8. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

she's lucky she didnt get shot when the perp picked the gun back up off the ground....

I dont think i would ever release control of the weapon until the cops come, unless i know for SURE that the perp is dead