GUN grandpa saves the day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 22, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Settler grandpa saves the day
    Yaakov Asael, 53-year-old grandfather of six, kills rampaging bulldozer driver
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3571726,00.html
    Published: 07.22.08, 16:43 / Israel News

Yaacov Asael, a resident of the Susiya settlement in southern Mount Hebron is Tuesday's hero. Asael shot and killed the terrorist who carried out the bulldozer attack in Jerusalem earlier in the day

Fifty-three-year-old Asael is an IDF reserves company commander, a father of eight, grandfather of six, and a teacher.

Ayelet Recanati, Asael’s daughter, told Ynet that her father is “resourceful."

"He was a military man in commanding positions in combat units, in the armored corps," she said.

“He is a bible teacher and an agriculturalist but has studied judo his whole life. He is a Jewish Israeli who combines the Torah and labor and tremendous politeness," she said.

"He grasps things quickly, he has intuition regarding people and he most likely understood what was going on quickly," she added. "He always carries a gun. For as long as I can remember him, he has carried a gun. Nowadays, a gun is needed everywhere, in Susiya, Jerusalem, Hadera and in Tel Aviv. As long as we don't exude strength, we will need means of defense.”

The police reported said that the terrorist who carried out the attack injured 18 people before being shot to death. One victim sustained moderate to serious wounds. He was evacuated to the Shaare Zedek Medical Center. The rest were lightly injured and evacuated to the Bikur Holim, Hadassha Mount Scopus and Hadassah Ein Kerem hospitals. A baby was lightly wounded by shrapnel.

2. How irresponsible of that old man! He could have killed an innocent bystander. Everyone should have waited for the police to get there and protect them.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[​IMG]

Obviously was a job for a trained police marksman, look at all the rounds he must of fired off and on a busy city street, a child could of been killed.

4. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Interesting, the video I saw of the incident looked like a younger guy in his 30s that jumped on the tractor and started firing. But it was hard to see.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was the incident from a couple weeks back, 18 or 19yo off duty soldier stopped that one, this one happened this morning.

6. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Oh jesus. I guess bulldozers are the new terrorist weapon of choice.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They need to find a new source of cheap labor, maybe we could sell them some mexicans.

8. johnson

johnson New Member

Only wouldve needed 1 shot with 10mm.

9. itchiban

itchiban New Member

He only would have needed to rack the slide. :noes:

10. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240))

It was a backhoe, not a bulldozer.

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

One of the baddest dudes I've ever met was this old cowboy who always came into the gunstore I used to work at.

He got into trouble in his youth, and joined the Marines. Ended up fighting a couple tours in Vietnam and came back home. Couldn't own a firearm (he was living in New York, and had a felony on his record), so he carried a blackpowder revolver. Eventually petitioned to get his gun rights back, and carried a 45LC single action (Vaquero).

He competed in Cowboy Action shooting, and was freakishly fast in his old age. We were dicking around in the store afterhours, and he bet me a case of beer (we played pool at his house once a week) that I couldn't draw and shoot faster them him. He would have already shot me by the time I cleared leather (and proved so). Dude was HARD, and had seen it all.

Don't fuck with those old guys, especially the ones who've BT/DT.... They don't mess around.

12. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

:jews:

13. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

:eek3:

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

Amen, there's a retired Navy Officer I shoot IDPA and USPSA with well into his 70's. I know I'm doing well when I can beat him that day. Sure, he may tell me a story or two... twice, but I learn something new every time I shoot with him and watch him shoot, like "slow down, you'll go faster!" :mamoru:

15. :rofl::rofl: