GUN Grandpa 1 - Carjacker 0

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Aug 4, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http:[email protected] Video

CBS 3) PHILADELPHIA A grandfather is being called a hero by his grandchildren as he fought back and refused to become another crime statistic.

78-year-old George Newton fought back against would-be car jackers on Thursday in an effort to protect his grandchildren from being harmed.

Newton was driving to pick up his grandchildren when he was approached a suspect with a gun at 58th and Larchwood in the Cobbs Creek section of the city.

“He came up with a gun and said, ‘Don’t do anything stupid,’ and he had a 9 mm,” said Newton.

However, George has a permit to carry a weapon and was able to turn the tables on the suspect.

“I squatted down as he was getting ready to drive away, I shot through the windows because all the windows were down,” added Newton.

George was able to shoot the suspect twice, once in the jaw and once in the chest.

The suspect then fled the scene in George’s car and was able to drive himself to Mercy Hospital about four blocks away.

“He is currently critical but stable at the University of Pennsylvania and he is being charged with robbery, and carjacking,” explained Lt. John Walker of the Philadelphia Police Department.

Lt. Walker commends Newton’s and is happy that everyone is okay but he has some advice for others.

“It was a courageous act, but we don’t advise that, we ask people to use caution,” said Lt. Walker.

When asked if he would do it again, George simply said, “Yes I would.”

Hope he gets himself a 1911 or G29/30

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

God fucking damn it. I HATE these lines...

“It was a courageous act, but we don’t advise that, we ask people to use caution,” said Lt. Walker.

They ruin the whole article.

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

They don't want to condone vigilantism. At least they didn't demonize the guy and try to make the criminal out to be some kind of victim.

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

People defending themselves are not vigilantes - people that go out and look for criminals are vigilantes.

You can say something like "I applaud this man for standing up for himself and not letting a criminal walk all over him." or you can not say anything at all. Asking people to roll over and bleat like sheep makes me stabby.

5. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

A man that is self-reliant and can defend himself is not required to suck on Uncle Sam's teat and rely on the police alone for protection. Who wants the public to be able to do without the government?

Congrats on the old guy putting the smack down.

6. Furner

Furner New Member

he will be sued, and probably lose

7. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

That makes me :wtc: