Gotta Go Pre-College Shopping Soon

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TheBoyWonder, Aug 2, 2007.

1. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

gimme some recommendations...i used to wear just backwards new era caps and surf clothes...

but i need some stuff to go out in. (express, polo, etc.) nothing TOO pricey. i can prob spend like 200 bucks total. (got plenty of jeans).

its gonna be a catholic school im guessing that dressing nice will attract more girls than surf clothes/

2. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

I'm not saying you should max out your credit card or anything, but $200 for new everything, excluding jeans, isn't that much to work with.

Look around Express, Guess, etc. for shirts and the like. I personally wear Converse, so I can't really help you in the shoe department. Also be sure you have a good cologne or two, that never hurts.

3. Gek

Gek Go for broke

seriously, while I was in college I wore jeans and a t shirts almost every day, and in the wintertime was made up of sweatpants/hoodies and my north face jacket. haha

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Are you kidding me?

o_0 $200 is like striking gold :noes:

5. sniper0423

sniper0423 Member

200 is gold

If you don't mind searching the sale racks, many possibilities can be had for little money. Don't be afraid to run into stores you may or may not have frequented before. Also do not be afraid to mix it up with something that you may not think can go together, just make it a style all your own. Besides, if you wear something that works for you, then you do not have much to worry about. Best of luck in your excursions.:bigthumb::wiggle:

6. JustJeff

www.trendyblanks.com -- i'm pretty sure that should link you right to it... they have some cheap polos for like... 8-10 dollars. I've never bought one, but I'm planning on buying 2-4 shirts from them before school starts... which means I have to place an order tonight...

School in 2 weeks :noes::noes:

7. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

200 bucks is enough to get you everything you need if you aren't a fashion whore. jeans are where you would have to spend the most, but since you have those, you are set.
    places like Ross, Marshalls, even nordstroms rack, are great for budget shopping. You can get name brand and quality stuff for cheap. You just don't get the latest seasons styles, but it all looks the same anyway.
    Just get a few button shirts, a few polos, and whatever else catches your eye. You can find dress shirts at any of those places for cheap, too, so pick up a few as they can be worn pretty casual or dressed up to go out.
    The trick to these places is to be willing to go back a few times since the selection changes a lot. You can usually find most of what you are looking for if you do it that way.

8. JustJeff

Macy's Sale rack = hidden treasure ^.^

9. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I went to a catholic college and everyone pretty much just dressed casually. Lots of A&F, AE, GAP, college logo stuff. I had friends who wore nothing but boardshorts and cargo shorts to class every day, and they did fine with the girls. You only really need to dress it up for events :dunno:

10. TheBoyWonder

TheBoyWonder OT Supporter

thanks guys, buncha quality replies. im gonna check out marshalls, the polo outlet, macy's sales, and nordstrom rack

11. Gek

Gek Go for broke

and don't wear caps backwards... I hate people that do that.. i'd rather have them wear it to the side. lol, like you buy the hat for the design/color only to wear it so you don't show anyone.. it would be like wearing shoes insideout.

12. loading

loading OT Supporter

what are some advantages for going to a polo outlet compared to any other store? Isnt most the stuff the same price anyway? :dunno:

13. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

I went to taxi taxi and buffalo exchange the other day. pretty cool stuff at resale shops :dunno:

14. iamthemovie

iamthemovie New Member

:werd:
    especially if you catch them on a cardholders sale and you have a macys card.

15. firemunki

firemunki I am the patron saint of lost causes

same advice as most others in this thread...shop the sale racks for some button ups/polos (express, br, gap, whatever dept. store)

i don't know what your school is going to be like but it was quite normal to go out in surf/skate clothes, especially at dirtbags if anyone knows tucson/u of a

edit:

just saw this at express store specials

Men
    Solid Pique Polos - 1 for $29.50, 2 for $24.50 each, 3 or more for $19.50 each
    Stripe Pique Polos - 2 for $49.50
    Short Sleeve Layering Tee - 2 for $24.50
    Solid 1MX shirt - 1 for $49.50, 2 for $39.50 each, 3 or more for $29.50 each
    Stripe 1MX shirt - 1 for $54.50, 2 for $39.50 each, 3 or more for $29.50 each

In participating stores, on select styles only.