TAT Got some problems with my industrial

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hideon9, Jan 20, 2006.

1. hideon9

hideon9 The plane will take off.

Up until a week or two ago my industrial was doing fine. Had started healing well and wasn't hurting much anymore. Then my girlfriend somehow decided that it would be a good idea to elbow me in the ear. Since then both holes have been very very sore and bleed easily. The lower hole is definitely infected and the upper looks like it may be starting.

I've read that infections in cartilage piercings should be treated differently than others, but havn't seen any details. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do about the infection?

I'm also worried about the length of the bar I have in. It's 1 3/8 and the balls are right against my ear when it's not swollen. Now both holes are swollen, especially the lower. It's become nearly impossible to clean under them and there are indentations where it's swollen up around them a bit.

The piercer told me I should wait at least 2 months to change bars (was done on 12/23), but right now it seems like a longer bar would help alot. The only other bar I have right now is a black pvd coated one that is 1/8 inch longer. Should I put that in to try and relieve some of the pressure on the piercings or would that only irritate them more? Are pvd coated bars even safe for healing piercings? Should I order a longer steel bar to keep in until it's fully healed?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

First, how do you know its infected? Its probably just irritated. Infection would have dark puss, bad smell and severe pain. What you have seems like it was just irritated from your SO elbowing it. If you can get a long bar then put it in. Don't use the pvc coated one, it could make the swelling worse. I'd do daily sea salt soaks. Take an anti-inflammatory for the swelling and just baby it right now.

3. hideon9

hideon9 The plane will take off.

It does have a slight sourish smell occasionally and any touch hurts pretty bad. I can't sleep on it at all, and sometimes it will start hurting without even being touched. In the last few days I have noticed some puss, but it's lighter-colored. Definitely puss though, not just crusties gunk.

I went to get some sea salt a couple days ago but they had both iodized and non-iodized and I wasn't sure which one to get. Does it make a difference?

4. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Go back to the person that pierced you. They should be able to help you and for free. They will know exactly what to do.

5. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

non-iodized.
    I wouldn't worry about it to terribly much at this point. Just do what Almighty said and salt soak it once a day. I've found the easiest thing to do is fill a cup with saltwater, put it on the floor, and then just basically lay down with your ear in the cup. Turn on the TV and go from the start of one set of commercials to the end of the next set of commercials.

My vert did the same thing after a night of druken stupidness, but after a few days of soaking it it was back to normal.

6. brujito

brujito New Member

Non-iodized and a longer bar def. I had to change my bar out too since it had gotten way too swollen. Too bad I had to take it out.