Got over my gf by taking her out one last time, weird

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Oct 23, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I broke up with my gf about 4 months ago for cheating on me with her ex. I was really hurt and loved her so much, but hearing that broke my heart. After a couple months I was still not over her, and just recently she contacted me. She told me how sorry she was etc etc. So me still not being over her, I took her out to eat. We talked and had a decent time, but after that I totally got over her I dont know why, but I did. I was just wondering if anyone had a similiar situation like this?

I thought I woudl fall for her again or what not, but it was the total opposite. I wouldnt mind being friends with her if she wanted to, but either way i dont feel like a part of my life is missing anyone and things are going better for me now. MY life got alot better just by taking her out and realizing I wasnt missing much:)

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Been there. I think we "idolize" them after we lose them. And seeing them again allows us to get over that and we can see them for what the truly are.

3. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

you needed closure and that's what you got by going out and talking to her about it. she fucked up but you can't let yourself be affected by such things. i know thats easier said than done but you need to worry about yourself and what's good for you. she will realize later that she messed up a good thing and will regret it. if she doesn't, then she's a bitch and wasn't worth your time.

4. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

:werd:

i kinda had the same thing with an ex of mine. only, instead of dinner, i just wrote a long email laying everything out. it was a huge help in getting over her.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i was talking about this exact subject about 10 minutes ago with a girl i know.

same thing happened with my ex. she kissed another dude so i broke up with her. we talked met up hung out every once and a while, but 6 months later we had sex again one morning and everything i had felt and missed about her was gone.. it was closure for me i guess.

6. Dax420

Dax420 Guest

And that my friend, is called "closure" :)

7. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Dunno if it's closure so much as a reality check :)

Sometimes you just need a particular set of circumstances before you can look at someone objectively. Then, you realise that you really don't care :p

8. low20

low20 Member

been there man...whenever i see the ex, i think 2 things...wtf was i thinking, and shit im really not missing anything. its hard to let go at first but once u realize that ur good.

9. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

what did you discuss about in the email? I'm thinking of doing that to my ex for 'closure'

10. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

man, i wish my first "closure" was as simple as dinner or one-time sex.

my first love dumped my ass when she went to college (my sophomore year) and proceeded to go apeshit (drink, drugs, dick, and general dumbassery.) i got depressed, did my own drinkin and druggin, dropped out of school, came back, had 2 gfs (one of which is now my current and things are great, different story) and was still stuck on her. two years after she left me we gave it another shot. i was really happy for a few months but once the shimmer wore off and i started to see her objectively, the feelings faded pretty quick. i mean, that semester back with her taught me a lot, especially about my sexual being. but i would've been totally cool with something simple and not the two years of bullshit i put myself through.

my two cents. consider yourself lucky. :hs:

11. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

you gotta actually realize what you want first. i could've saved myself a lot of trouble if i'd fessed up to myself and her and simply told her how much i missed her, cared about her, and thought about her. instead i kept it all inside for two years because i thought she'd never want to get back together. you can't get closure if you bullshit yourself.

figure out how you feel, and let it out. that at least puts the ball in her court. sometimes closure is easy, sometimes it is difficult, but you have to at least start the process if you want to get anywhere.

12. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks guys for the replies, yes it is the best feeling ever. Im totally over her!:) :)

13. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

just that we needed some serious closure, and that we cant keep delaying this. i dont remember details, but it was all i needed to close that book and focus on the future.

14. Heyhey

Heyhey New Member

This is soooo true. My brother-in laws ex gf was a real b*tch, and when they broke up she becam an even bigger one, via controlling him of his feelings and actions. Im so glad my bro got over her quick and has finally found someone better.