Got number of a girl...who has a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Horror, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Horror

Horror Guest

Cliffs: Sat with chick at lunch, she immediately asked my name. She was giggilng a lot, making eye contact, playing with hair. A few people randomly talked to me while I was with her, so she said "you must be popular or something". At the end, I asked for her number. There was a slight delay, she said "well i'm switching to alltel this weekend, but yeah it is ....".

Turns out she has a boyfriend who goes to a different school. My experience says if she had one, then she should say "i have a boyfriend / can i have your number".

What's up with this? A cheater, not interested, or interested but? I'm more curious with how I approach this. If she is interested, and I go on a date, am I wrong? Am I setting myself up for failure with this girl? etc etc.

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Boyfriend = Abort

Doesn't really matter what the reason.

3. Horror

Horror Guest

Technically I never found this out, she never told me. So, maybe I'll just ask her to chill in a group of people with some of her friends, not do anything or flirt.

I feel so wrong, but she was smoking. Am I doing him a favor?

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm the only on here in the Vag who is going to say this, but no you're not.

It doesn't matter whether you are doing him a favor or not. She has a boyfriend = off limits. :dunno: Don't be a fuckface.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

The rest of the Vag is going to tell you to go for it though.

6. Horror

Horror Guest

:rofl: Well, this is how I see it. She gave me her number instead of avoiding it, so that's a sign (besides the others) that she's interested. But, she has a boyfriend (found this out after the fact) - so is she cheating? There are two ways to look at this

1) No - he goes to a different school, it's not emotionally supporting, and I raised her interest.
    2) Yes - she is cheating since she has a boyfriend.

Lets see what the others say. Heck, she may avoid my call so who knows lol :)

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

No it doesn't mean she is a cheater.

Most girls (that aren't married and even some that are) are unhappy in their current relationship. But they wont break it off because they don't want to be alone. To them it is better to have someone around than to break it off. So they wont break it off until someone new and better comes around and invests enough time in them so they know they have a secure relationship to move to.

Some people say it's like a monkey swinging thru the trees... the monkey doesn't let go of the last branch until it has a firm grip on the next branch or else it will fall.

8. Horror

Horror Guest

Well I'll give her a call. I feel bad though, the guy (from his pictures) seems like a cool guy who's a bit...needy? Lets see if she's into me, go out for coffee, I"ll take it slow.

9. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Well if he is 'needy' like you say... then she isn't attracted to him anymore. She is just keeping him around until she finds a new guy and then she's going to break his heart.

10. Vysion

Vysion New Member

If those pics are her, she looks like a hot chick who probably has a ton of guys hitting on her. She has her pick of the litter. She's going to pick a guy that she's attracted to the most.

11. Horror

Horror Guest

[​IMG]

Well we'll see.

I actually prefer a girl who loves that a guy is totally into her, but doesn't want a clingy son of a bitch. I think that's why my last relationship ended, I dropped a lot of my involvements to be with her. Live and learn, girls want guys who are into them, but not needy ones.

Now, in your opinion, since I've never gamed it with a girl this hot before - does she seem interested? Last girl who was interested that I hit on and got her number ended up having a boyfriend to, and she strung me along without setting up a date.

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

fail

why would you want to try to "date" a girl who has a boyfriend? the fact that she didnt tell you she had a boyfriend speaks to her character and should be a turn off immediately. the fact that she didnt tell you she had a boyfriend does not mean she was really interested in YOU, it means shes the type of girl who will do this sort of thing behind her boyfriends back, which also should be a turn off

a chick having a boyfriend is a red flag. if you really want to date her, tell her to call you when she is single, and move on

13. Horror

Horror Guest

I disagree given the situation she's in. Her boyfriend goes to another school, and that is probably not satisfying to her. I know a girl who has a boyfriend of 3 years who constantly makes out with other guys because she doesn't get the emotional fulfillment / physical intamcy of a close one. He, pathetically, keeps her though. It's not because she's a cheater, she even said to me, it's because she doesn't get the physical love. And I agree. Long distance never works.

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

this is why you dont get involved with girls who have boyfriends. you are their entertainment, their "fling" on the side, you get used for what they want and you rarely benefit in the situation

15. Horror

Horror Guest

Well it was I gave her a call, she didn't give me another time. So I tried one more time a few days later, same thing. So I gave up.

16. Vysion

Vysion New Member

How can you 'be into someone' and not come across as needy?

The guys I know that are the most successful with women are the ones that are willing to drop them in a split second... and the women they're with are totally into them because of this attitude.

Just get to know her. Who cares where the relationship goes. If it leads to you 2 hooking up then so be it. But that shouldn't be your priority. Women like to believe that their relationships happened because of fate or other mystical reasons. The initial attraction is there, you now just need to be your normal outgoing and charming self and see where it leads you.

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You are right. It's not because she is a cheater. It's because she's a selfish waste of life who can't think beyond her own feelings and wants.

18. Horror

Horror Guest

She's right though. Put your life first. If she's not happy, or we're taking the liberty to assume it, who cares? She's not happy. If I weren't happy, I would find myself first.

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That's all well and good, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING CHEAT TO DO IT.

You can very much put your own life first and not cheat.

It's real easy: if you are unhappy in your relationship to the point where you are thinking about cheating...end that relationship. It's not rocket science. It doesn't take God coming down out of the sky etching what you need to do on stone tablets. It doesn't take Ghandi rising from the gutter to eat a hamburger to signify that your relationship is fail.

But people are too afraid of being alone to make that kind of remarkable decision. :cjerk:

20. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

That still makes her a cheater, believe it or not.
    People can and will always rationalize their behaviour.

21. Horror

Horror Guest

I'll give her a call sometime, maybe tomorrow for Thursday get some early-night coffee (I'm leaving Friday morning and won't be back until Sunday). Yeah, Tuesday for Thursday coffee.

By needy, I mean more of like "omg baby i thought of you 24x7 and i cried over it". It's admirable, but it's not being "manly" in the traditional sense. Not that it is an issue, but most girls don't like that.

22. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Beast...??? :mamoru:

23. Horror

Horror Guest

No I agree, she is cheating, I even told her this. I believe a cheater is someone who sees a hot guy, will fuck him, and do it for no logical reason. My friend, while I cannot support her, is doing it constantly because they are apart 9 months of the year and see each other once every two months?

She's by no means right, I can just see it.

24. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:werd:

25. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

then why isnt she breaking up with him? this is not a good excuse why its ok for you to go after a girl with a boyfriend, or why its ok for her to flirt and possibly cheat on her boyfriend. shes not happy with him? then she needs to dump him