got new macbook but no click on touchpad

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by frostedfrank, Dec 19, 2006.

1. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

looked in the options and seems like the only way to click is with the button, tapping on the pad isn't working and also the double finger tap pour right click isn't working can't find the option. I activated the two fingers+click =right click but I'd like to have the two finger tap... suggestions. also scrolling with my mouse is incredibly slow compared to touchpad. drivers are install, it's a logitech vx revolution, I turned up speed all the way up in the option as well as in the mouse/keyboard options in system preferences but no luck, wtfux :(

2. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

make sure you have the latest updates from apple, then jut look in the control panel under the mouse/keyboard settings. all your options should be there :dunno:

3. ih8mice

ih8mice New Member

i just bought a wireless microsoft mouse for my powerbook ti and it came with it's own app to adjust the preferences. it was on the driver disc. maybe the logitech is similar. btw, nice choice on the mouse. :bigthumb:
    i wish i would have picked up the mx revolution rather than this microsoft pos.

if you can't get the tap working, i would call apple's support line.

4. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

I'm not in front a of my mac but I'll try this from memory:

go to upper left hand corner & click on the blue apple. from there, select system prefences. once the app opens select keyboard & mouse. from there click on track pad I think, & you should be able to enable track pad clicks & track pad scrolling

5. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

WOW... pretty good... those are the exact steps...

6. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

got it to work, thanks guys!