GUN Got my Surefire back

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 90free400e, Jan 29, 2009.

1. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

Bulb burned out on my E2D Defender. E-Mailed them and they sent another bulb, which normally isn't covered under warranty, free of charge. Hats off to Surefire's customer service.

By the way, if you're light ever stops working, and you aren't sure if its the bulb or the switch, take off the endcap (part with the switch) and touch a key to the middle of the battery while simultaneously holding it against the outside of the flashlight. If the light turns on, its the switch/endcap, if it doesn't, it's the bulb.

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Surefire has awesome customer service.

Me and my dad assembled a gas oven. In the process he left his G2 IN the fucking oven. Was missing for about 5 months before I found it.

I opened the bottom of the oven and saw a pile of charred shit, first I thought it was just some random crap but then noticed the distinct looks of a surefire reflector assembly. :rofl:

I spatulaed the pile off in one piece and sent it to surefire, they sent me a brand new 6P.

:bowdown: to surefire

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

for their overpriced lights i'd hope they'd do that for you

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

"uhhhhh my light melted due to continued use..."

5. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Haha I already had sent in two melted lamp assemblies from my 6p before they changed over to the glass windows.

6. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. Found it in a closet in my parents house and asked my mom if I could have it. Turns out she had bought it at one of those self defense classes she did with her friends. Also got the red filter with it. Anyways she let me have it as an early christmas present.

I will say that I couldn't be more impressed with this light. If you have never used a nice flashlight, it is a huge difference.

7. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

:rofl: that's awesome... I'd love to have been the guy to get that back.
    They probably gave you the 6P so when you left it in the oven the next time, you wouldn't have to use a spatula.

8. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

:rofl: I like to think the pile of charred plastic with a reflector is sitting somewhere in a display case with other surefires fucked up in stupid ways.