TAT got my first ink today

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Furner, May 23, 2005.

1. Furner

Furner New Member

[​IMG]
    im the one with the hairy leg obviously

went with a good female friend of mine (not my SO), and we decided to get similar tats to symbolize the friendship that we have developed. finding a tattoo shop around here that is open on sunday is not easy, but we found a place, and as always, the staff is very different, and the building looks trashy, but the work and professionalism was top notch.
    we knew we wanted something irish, probably a 4-leaf clover, but not much else besides that. we flipped through the books and decided on a basic design, and then i decided i didnt want any yellow, and shannon decided she wanted hers to be shaded.
    so we went in, i rolled up my pants, and the artist started to do the outline. ive never had any tattoo work, but ive had a few piercings, and this was a completly different type of pain. nothing untolerable, but very new to me. i made it through the outline without any problems, but i did have to stand with one foot on the floor and the other leg bent behind me so i the guy could work on my piece. after the outline, he started on filling in, but about 30 seconds into it, i started to get really faint and i told him i needed a break. i sat down and felt really weird, everything sounded really muffled and i felt lightheaded. my artist got me some water (cool, not cold, just the way i like it), and an ice pack for my neck. very considerate, since i really wasnt thinking much at that moment.
    i wanted to get going again after about two minutes, but he made me wait until the color came back into my face. we bullshitted for a few minutes about how my artist just finished medical assistant school, i got really relaxed, and after about 5 minutes we got started again. i assumed the position, and he did the rest of the fill in. i felt much better through all this, and it was over before i knew it. he cleaned me off and put some A&D on, and then we let another customer go ahead of shannon, because the other girl just needed a navel piercing, and shannon would probably want to take a few breaks.
    i went in the waiting room with shannon and smoked a little to calm down, and then we went back in and he started on shannon. she has had work done before, and on her hip, and i have been there for both, and it looked like the ankle was just as bad as the hip, and she has bony ankles.
    she actually got through the whole piece without a break, unlike me, the girly man ;-).
    The work was pretty cheap, $40 each, and they worked on a sunday, so I threw the artist a $20 tip, and we were all done.
    The only complaint that I had was that it I were to get any work done again on the backside of my body, I would do it in a chair that I could lay down in. I guess the good chair at the place was out of order, so the only chair they had was the dentist type chair. They told me this ahead of time and I checked it out and was cool with it, but I think thats why I got lightheaded. I am getting a nautical on my shoulder blade and I will definately make sure that I can lay down for that one.
    Im really excited for my first piece, sorry the picture sucks I will work on a better one. Shannons boyfriend isnt really cool with us having matching tattoos, but if he cant deal with our friendship, he can fuck off I guess :hs:

2. Furner

Furner New Member

[​IMG]

theres a better pic, i guess im still bleeding a little.

3. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

Nice! Looks great and that's awesome you and your friend have such a close bond.

4. Furner

Furner New Member

glad i got that response.
    all my friends IRL think that i am stuck in some sort of friends zone, some people just dont understand how a real man works.....her words exactly were that she knows her boyfriends will come and go, but she knows that she will have me there regardless. for example, we live together and right now shes in the other room probably having hot sex, and the only thing i feel is jealousy cause i wish i was having hot sex too! ;)

5. joy division

joy division New Member

is there supposed to be a red dot on yours?

6. Furner

Furner New Member

its dried blood. the top picture was taken like 5 minutes after we walked through the door.

7. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

got my second on sunday

but no pics
    :hs:
    i'll have a third in less than a month, and a fourth soon after

8. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

no, it was dave batista.

:o

now its FAR from ken shamrock or batista

9. BedBunny