Got my EDGE 2000 Pads...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, May 23, 2006.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

UPS just delivered my EDGE 2000 Pad kit from autogeek.com.

EDGE PADS

First, I was really impressed with the packaging. Nice and neat....secure too.
    Second, I love how they put the kit together. As you can see, it all came in a nice reusable box.

These pads are well made. I tried the white polishing pad out on my truck with some NXT. I sprayed it with the XMT Pad Lube. Let me tell you...these pads rock! I love the quick connect/disconnect. There is no way that the center with hit the paint. Plus, when I did my mirrors and door handles, there was no backplate to worry about.

I'm doing a Black Denali tomorrow and that will be the real test. So far so good...bye-bye Soft-Buffs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Nice set-up. When you get a chance, post some picks how it all attaches to your PC.

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Ok.....I believe these are the best thing to happen to the PC!
    I used these pads today on a 2005 GMC Denalli Pickup....black. I used the yellow light polishing pad with #80. Pinnacles XMT Pad lube was applied to the pad first. Then I went to town. The pads are higher (thicker) and this felt wierd but awesome as I kept working. The best part is when I finished half the truck, I clicked and flipped the pad over and WHAM!....a clean pad! Two in one....awesome. I did not have to worry about centering either. There is no way that the center even came close to hitting the paint.

When I was finished, I used XMT Pad Cleaner. I sprayed both sides of the pads well. I then worked the cleaner in with my hands. I let sit for about 5 minutes. I ran warm water through the pad and worked it with my fingers. This cleaner gets 2 thumbs up as well! Pad looked like new!

I also used the white fine finishing pad with #21 Sealant then flipped over and use NXT when it was time. Of course I removed #21 off the vehicle first.This was a HUGE time saver!

Conclusion (hope you all are not being bored)

The EDGE 2000 system is an awesome system. No one would go wrong using them.

XMT pad lube and cleaner really works. I recommend it to anyone. There was never any caking on the pad while using this lube.

Thanks and here are some pices of the pads attachment system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

My only conscern is that eventually, by accident, or otherwise, you will get some compound of somesort into the release button of the "chuck". And that some of the oils/chemicles, or even the compound itself, mught gunk up the operation of the latching mechanism. I prefer to use the + method of applying my compound to the pad. I find i get better coverage this way, then useing the circle method. Obviously that wouldent work to well with this setup. Heh, maybe i would have to adopt the L method instead. :lol:

Also, i will be curious to see how will the pads hold up to constant abuse, and if they begin to delaminate around the backing insert with repeated cleanings, and usage. Although, with the condoitioner, and cleaner you got with it, that may make it less of an issue.

Im really intersted in somthing like this, just for the "2 in 1" nature of the pads. But i have my skeptisisms. And am waiting for a truely long term test to see if it holds up.

5. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

how much for the pad kit cleaner and lube?

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

99.95 plus shipping.

7. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

that's not too bad, might have to get one before the seasons over. See if I can't find one in Canadia.