Got my bike back together!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by fst89lx, Jul 8, 2003.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Well it cost me $540 to get it it all back together, but I did get a discount so all is not bad... I must say :eek3: it is hella fast now! I can't believe it, it is like a night and day difference between when I first got it and now. I don't know if it is mostly attributed to the new engine or the fact that I am now running 110/93 octane in a 50 50 mix. I ALMOST feel like 12/52 gearing is too much now... Almost!. That and I put a new clutch in too. (old clutch friction plates had as much friction material on them as the bare metal clutch plates i.e. none heh).

I do have a question about the clutch though. When you are sitting still and have the clutch in w/ the bike in gear are you supposed to feel the bike slightly jerking like the clutch is just barely gripping? My friend told me that is fine but I am not sure if he is talking out of his ass or not.

Now I have to bust out the damn brush hog because its been more than a month since I rode my track and it is surely overgrown now :(

2. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I would say that it isn't dis-engaging.... when I have the lever pulled to the bar, that is dis-engaging the clutch correct? I have the freeplay adjusted properly, how else do I check for a streatched cable??

Again, if I am sitting still, pull in the clutch, shift to first, I can SLIGHTLY feel the bike jerking. It doesn't move it just jerks a little bit

its a YZ125.

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Yeah, my bike does that little jerk when you put it in gear too. I think it's just the clutch plates popping apart when you put it in gear, doesn't seem to be a problem.

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

does yours just jerk once when you put it into gear or keep jerking slightly afterwards? mine is the latter...

5. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Ah, maybe the clutch cable is a little too tight then. Mine just does an initial jerk then stops.