Got my bf% measured

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mac Daddy, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

It's been nagging at the back of my head for a long time now. I finally manned up today and checked to see what it was. It was the thing where it sends an electrical signal or w/e to you and comes back to see what your body fat is. I'm bulking btw. It came back 17%. The guy who measured it told me that since I'm still growing and only 17 that it was fine. I'm about 185 and 5'10 or 5'11. What do you guys think?

2. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Get a 7-9 pinch method. Even then it might not be accurate, but just continue to have it done by the same person. The difference should be accurate, even if the total number isn't.

To answer your question, everything depends on what you're trying to do. You just want to look good? You an athlete? Lots of things to consider.

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

I'm a wrestler if that helps. I just want to get strong. The guy said that the other one I beleive it's the pinch method takes about an hour and cost's money. Screw that. I just wanted to get an estimate ya know? Is 17 percent good or bad? I wan't to look good too.

4. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

electrical impedence bodyfat tests are basically worthless. you're probably better off determining your bodyfat by the old look-in-the-mirror method.

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

He said it was 90% accurate:mamoru: Dunno the only fat in my body right now is in my stomach region. Since im bulking I've gained alot of fat there. Maybe i should take a pic for F&N and let you fuckers decide

6. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Post a picture, we'll tell you. Any local gym should be able to do the 7-9 pinch method. Takes 5 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.