MMA got knocked the fuck down today

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by misha, Dec 28, 2008.

1. misha

misha New Member

the boxing gym had a little sparring tournament today. basically its a two round thing. you get into the ring, spar a round with one opponent, he steps down spar with another, then you step down and he spars with another, and so on.

Well I sparred with 2 guys one very similar to me, Im 174lbs 5'10", had a good round, then spared with a heavier but shorter guy, had another good round, then sparred with a 50yo 205lbs guys who landed a hook to my eye in the middle of the round that landed me on the floor. that was the end of my sparing for the day.

my only consolation is that ive been doing this for 3 months and he's been fighting for 10 years. :hs:

2. roose

roose Guest

First time you've ever been dropped?

It's a weird feeling eh? The first time I got dropped i went from standing to one knee instantly, with a little skip in consciousness. Bounced right back up though.

3. misha

misha New Member

i think so. there might have been another time but i cant remember. I sparred this pro guy who came over to our gym to do some sparring. I remember being hit by him pretty solidly but dont recall whether i went down.

I came right back up this time, but the coach told me i was done for the day.

4. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Ive been dropped a few times first one I caught an axe kick with the top of my head. I was like fully concious but I couldnt stay upright it was like the link between my brain and body just got disrupted. Another time was playing rugby and I was just out cold woke up 30seconds later surrounded by people wondering where I was.

5. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Are you a girl? (Serious question)

6. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I've yet to be knocked down in sparring yet. My chin has is apparently pretty good lol. I've ate big shots where my vision has gotten fucked up, but I've never been out.

The only experience I've had similar to that is in high school playing football when my coach thought I'd make a good candidate for centre after ours got injured. I remember squaring off with the nose guard and then I remember seeing the ground then black for what felt like a flash, turned out to be about a few seconds and when I came too my cleats were about 10 yards away from me :rofl:

I have seen people get dropped in the gym and such though. I have this one friend back in Kingston who did a backyard spar with another friend of mine who both have never trained in theirs lives for kicks. The one kid got knocked the fuck out, we even have it on camera and to this day he denies that he's ever been knocked out. He landed on his right shoulder when he hit and he got up holding his left :rofl: Every time I'm back home we tease him about it.

That's like the 3rd thread he's made and the third time he's been asked. It's a guy, Misha is a male's name in Russia I believe, or that area.

7. misha

misha New Member

thanks for answering that.

I wasn't out i just got knocked to the ground. i was backing up and going sideways and he caught me. next thing i knew im flying. bounced right back up though, but was told to stop the round. prob a good thing cuz motre than likely he wouldve pummeled me some more.

8. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

misha in russian = "michael"

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Exact same here. I think if i've been dropped it was from an awful body shot. i got dropped a couple time from getting Kongo'd in the crotch. But when i'f been hit on the chin it hasnt bothered me. When I get hit in the temple hard everything goes black and I just wobble there.

10. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I've been "rocked" twice. The first time was my first time ever sparring in Krav Maga. I got put up against a cop that was atleast 250. I just stood there and he landed a huge overhand right into my temple and a left hook. I was concious, but I had no control over my body or even my facial muscles. I was wincing really bad it prolly looked like I was gonna cry, but then I didnt.

Second time was a left hook from another heavyweight at the boxing gym. He as pounding away at me for about a minute, just tossing me around the ring, I got a little worked up and threw a cross that was a little too hard and he started bleeding from the mouth. Now he started going even harder and eventually hit me with a left hook the temple that sent me into the ropes and sprained the shit outta my neck. He ran after me and grabbed me because he thought I was gonna collapse. I felt fine a second afterwards, and I pushed him off and we went back to fighting but now we both kinda eased up. He eventually dropped me with a punch to the body though.

11. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I have a good chin Ive gotten the crap beaten out of me before but I only have been knocked down in one sparring session when I was sparring my trainer. The guy was a old as shit boxer he wasnt as fast as me or as conditioned as me but the guy had pin point acuracy and some insane counters. I was working my jab and droping the right every so often then he slipped and went off to the side of me at the same moment I went forward and my face met his hook and caught me right on the button.

It was weird as shit because I didnt go unconcious but my legs went giggly like jello and I was trying to regain my balance but it just wasnt happening and I fell. I got right up but it was weird. The shot wasnt even that hard he just hit me in the right spot. The guy is a bad ass counter puncher though hes old as shit but has amazing footwork

12. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I was asking because there is a Misha that is a girl thats ATL crew

13. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Might want to check to see if that one has a twig and berries :mamoru:

It could be one of those cases were it could translate over sometimes, but rarely. Another scenario is that her parents didn't have a fucking clue and thought it sounded nice.

14. misha

misha New Member

considering shes from the boonies of ATL i vote option 2.

15. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

don't think i've been knocked down from a hook to the head yet. my most recent knock down was from a right hook to my body from a pro fighter, felt like a rib broke or something, huge stinging pain that put me to my knees and out for a week. :wtc: