GOT IBM MONITOR...need some help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tehwinnar, Feb 14, 2005.

1. tehwinnar

tehwinnar New Member

Ok my uncle just got rid of his monitor ( gave it to me ), its a black IBM one, pic below.

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/1016/dcp025108lj.jpg

and its got speakers n stuff, but the sound dont come out ?? on the cable its got, 1 for the video card, one for the mic ( i think ), one that looks like a PS2 thing, and 1 that is a USB thing.

is there something else i need to get for the speakers to work ??? the one that looks like a ps2 thing doesnt seem to plug into anywhere, and when i plug in the USB theres no sound still so im guessing thats for something else.

so, any help ?

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Hehe your uncle pawned it off on you to avoid the hazardous waste disposal fee. Knowing IBM, the speakers probably only work with some stupid ass proprietary connector on the back of a stupid ass proprietary IBM PC that only came with that monitor and delivered signal and DC power to the speakers from the computer. The USB cable could be for a USB hub built into the monitor. I see that sometimes.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're not missing out on much... those speakers suck big floppy donkey dick, anyway.

4. tehwinnar

tehwinnar New Member

hmm damn so i need some kind of card or what ??

i have my 17" and this black 15" i was thinking of swapping them both for 1 15" LCD ( i might have to throw some cash in as well ).

u guys no the name of the item i need to get the sound working?

5. Buttcheeks

Buttcheeks Guest

You sure it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack to plug a cable into from the computer?

My LCD is like that :hs: