Got hit, need advice

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Hairy Gorilla, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

So my WRX got hit at school the other day and like usual the owner left me without any information. I'm left to foot the bill. Yay! The huge scrape on the right side of the bumper is from the accident the other day. The dent in the license plate box was there when I bought the car.

Anyways here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it didn't appear to cause any deformation to the bumper, just took the paint off. I called a local ABRA in Atlanta and they quoted me $450-500 just for a repaint. Is it possible to have them just fix the spot from the hit, where the paint is gone, instead of a full repaint? I thought I had heard of that but wasn't sure. I also don't want it to look worse than it does now. I wanted to get the crap near the license plate corrected too, should I just pay the $500 to have it all redone?

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I have had to have my rear bumper replaced twice. Every place I talked to stated to just get it replaced. They said that they can bondo it up but part of the process is introducing some heat to it which can cause the plastic to ripple or warp. It was actually cheaper to get the bumper replaced than repaired and repainted. If I were you I would look into a replacement and have them paint it and install it. Also, call some junkyards kids crash those cars all the time. Then they can just sand it, paint it and install it. Also go on some Subaru forums and ask around for recommendations for places to get one cheaper. I know I have a Maxima and the maxima.org forums have places that give us discounts, even dealerships.

3. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

Yeah I was thinking about just waiting for someone on Nasioc to do a partout from a wrecked car. Junkyards around Atlanta must have tons of those

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Yeah I would do that. I just dont like repairing that large of damage on plastic.