MMA got hit hard in sparring, now three of my teeth are numb.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by ///, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

its the most annoying thing ever cant feel anything im eating haha

having numb teeth sucks ass, if this happens to you try eating an apple, sooo strange.

anyone know how long this is gonna last for?

i hope my teeth don;t fall out :noes:

EDIT: this happened about 30 hours ago, and by numb i mean i could hold an icecube on it for an hour and not feel anything

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

wow that sucks, maybe dead nerves? Might wanna get that checked out. I've had my front tooth completely knocked out from a tennis racket hitting my face as a kid. Then a year ago I got kicked in my mouth but I was wearing a mouth piece so the numbness was only momentary. 30 hours of numbness... that would be enough to freak me out, go see a dentist.

3. ///

yeah i just woke up, and they're still kinda numb. I think I might go to the campus clinic to check it out. its gettin better though

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

wow that's crazy.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

general rule of thumb: if something is wrong with your body at all, get it checked out. Not worth the risks, although I'm a hypocrite and didn't even seek treatment for my allergies which drove me nuts for the last year, or the time i had a cyst on my ass which very easily could have turned into one of those nasty infected abcesses (thank god it didn't).

I've had numb teeth and loose teeth before from sparring. Don't eat anything too hard and try to chew with the other teeth when you eat anything at all. It would help if you had a retainer. See your dentist/doctor.

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

University of Ottawa FTL

7. ///

no wayy, i just hope they have a decent dentist here

8. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

Numb teeth is really bad, dude
    If you can't feel hot or cold it's usually a sign of pulp necrosis (which means a root canal soon)... but lucky for you if it occurs as a result of trauma (rather than a cavity) it can sometimes subside. Buy a mouth guard and wear it... don't chew on those teeth, try not to put anything very hot or cold on those teeth, and make sure you don't clench/grind your teeth. Hopefully it'll go away for ya (saving you tons of money and inconvenience)

9. ///

i did have a mouth guard which is the weird thing. its not a cheap 5$ one either.

and thanks man, I appreciate the post, reassured me a bit that im not gonna have 3 teeth go black and fall out.

10. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

something weird happened to me once where i banged my nose, and any pressure on my nose would hurt my teeth, but that went away after a while

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Upper jaw must have been effected by it.

12. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Get into a dentist. Someday's I wonder why we all can be idiots to ourselves (not saying you are, just a general statement). If something is wrong our body tells us, once again going back to Bit's post about his back. If you don't feel 100% and it has been more then a few hours then you go see a doctor. find a good dentist for the mouth and massuse/chiropractor for the rest of your body because the worst thing you can do it just go see the average doc and get some meds to treat the issue. Find the source and fix it. yeah sorry for all the blabber it is late at night haha.

13. ///

goddamit they're still kinda numb, and its been a week.

oh well they;re gettin better. doctor didnt know what was up she said it might get better and it might not...lots of help.