SRS Got F'd in the A bigtime

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Carl Brutananadilewski, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

Mostly this is just venting; just need to write this shit down or something.

Anyway, here goes.

Roughly 4 months ago I transferred to a new job as a Public Safety Officer at a much larger, better location than I was currently a security guard at. Said new location had a much larger, more professional department, better equipment, better pay, etc. In addition, I was to be made a Sergeant within months.

Fast forward to this December. Finally got the new hires out on their own. As I was the supervisor, I was working with my superiors and set out making my own schedule with them. After doing this a few weeks, I took a long weekend to go to North Carolina to pick my wife up from Camp Lejuene, where she was stationed but being discharged from the Marine Corps. Well, that weekend turned into a week. Not much of a big deal as far as work was concerned; just turned into a few more personal days. Besides that, there was another senior officer there who could handle things if anything went awry. After returning from NC, I updated him on what had happened in NC (after also calling him twice while I was still NC to let him know what was going on) and he said it was no problem.

Things returned to normal from there, and I went back to work as planned. Worked New Year's Day, only to have one of the midnight guys complain about my being there that day because we only needed two officers on. I told him it was none of his concern and he could drop it. This is where the problem comes in. I work for a security company which is taking over at a location that still has in house officers. The in house guys aren't being downsized, the company I work for is simply taking any open slots and filling them with our personnel. Back to the story, the officer had a real attitude about the whole situation and apparently told my superior (who is overseeing this whole transition) what had happened. Here's the huge backstab. THIS FUCKING GUY THEN HAS THE BALLS TO FIRE ME FOR MAKING UP MY OWN SCHEDULE!!!1lc Refer back to my sentence in the second paragraph to get the gravity of his actions.

To make things worse, my company rep said he would back me up and didn't. On top of that, I have no recourse to this, other than it not going into my permanent file. Not that I would want to go back, anyway, after this, but it's the principle.

So, now I'm back at my old work location, which is less pay, 25 miles further away, and sucks horrendously compared to my old job. Needless to say, I am very actively searching for a new job.

2. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

I understand your situation. Recently i was fired from a job ONLY because i was asknig questions about the taxes that weren't being paid. :dunno: it really made me mad. i quit my old job and got hired on with this guy. only to be fired before i "uncovered" something.

3. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

it sucks to be truthful and decent sometimes

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Two things,

Work is like kindergarten , every child needs to be happy otherwhise that individual will make trouble to other kid(s). If you satisfy other people's ego's ,then they won't backstab you so fast. Even(and im not kidding here) just giving a person some candy will probably prevent them from backstabbing you. Honestly some people are pure TRAITORS. You always have to take in account that some people will go over dead bodies to get a higher position. You really have to ensure yourself that these people back off, and achieving that is not always so easy :sad2:

Second, get a new job, maby some job that doesn't involve so many people. Clearly social intereaction hasn't been good for you, maby become a truckdriver :uh:?

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You weren't working for Securitas, were you?

6. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

Nope.

No big deal anymore, really. Pulling myself out of this little slump by putting out as many applications in as many places as possible. Right now I've got an application at the WI Dept of Corrections (good possibility, but not my first pick), a few private investigator surveillance positions, and a few police departments in various places.

Things look good at more than one of these places, so things are looking up. I'm thinking this was more of a blessing in disguise :hs: