Got elbow pain? read this..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bigdamray, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Here is how to take care of your elbows.

1. Use equiblock dt or stop pain 30 minutes BEFORE training.
    2. Use neoprene sleeves.
    3. Flush the area with blood as a warm-up(ex. pushdownsx100)
    4. Stay away from ACCESSORY movements that severely iritate it (You'll just have to suck it up on ME)
    5. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off ASAP after workout. Ice is a miracle drug!! Nobody wants to take the time or effort to use it but it actually HEALS the problem. This is the most important step of all. Just put ice in a ziplock baggie and put it on the area that hurts. Ya the ice is gonna be cold and it does hurt for 5 or so minutes but then it will feel good. I also use these velcro ice packs from http://www.sporties.net/Detail.bok?no=16
    6. Take 800mg of ibuprofin 3x per day until your problem clears up.
    7. Find a good joint support formula such as Joint Complex by Gearman Nutrition at http://www.gearmannutrition.com/newsite/index.cfm?page=home.cfm or Syn-Flex and take it religously. It takes a long time to feel the results of this but you will eventually feel them.
    8. Supplement your diet with fish oil capsules and Vitamin C these are both natural anti-inflammatories.
    9. You must do ALL of these to help, you can't just pick one or two you must do them ALL.
    10. You can also do expand your hand bands, wrist curls and hammer curls, all of these make my elbows feel better.
    11. For severe issues, get a big bowl and fill it with ice, water and 2 tablespoons of salt, stick your elbow directly in it and keep it in there for 10 minutes. Dry it off and wrap it with a heating pad for 10 minutes, repeat twice.
    12. If you have done all of the above and are still having problems then it's time to take a few days off.

Good Luck and I hope this will help everyone, BDR

2. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Threads like this and the various tutorials on using various wraps are great info. Hopefully they will eventually end up in the F&N archive.

Thanks for the info.

3. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

Good read...elbows been gettin the best of me lately. Thanks bro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.