SRS Got Cheated on?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rapptor8, Feb 27, 2008.

1. rapptor8

rapptor8 New Member

Okay, I just found out last night that my gf of a year, hooked up with a supposed friend. Now she rationalizes it because we were fighting, and on cool down period but still supposed to be exclusive. I found out from another friend who was out with them the night that they hooked up, and she lied to me about it to my face for a week before of more fighting and her just admitting to it. How many of you guys have been fucked over and gotten over the feeling of just wanting to hit her in the face?

iballgirlsarelieingwhores

2. Tzuma

Tzuma New Member

To me, a 'cool down period' is nothing more than a miniature breakup. The whole point of a 'cool down period' is to take a step back and analyze your situation - to figure out if you really want to be together (which is why its not a full-blown breakup).

Isnt part of trying to figure out what you want testing other waters? Are you just mad because she beat you to the punch? Did you ever actually mention the terms of this 'cool down period', or was being exclusive during it just assumed?

Id be more worried about 1) It was a friend of yours and 2) she lied about it.

If she didnt think she did anything wrong (hence the excuse) why did she lie about it?

Ive never been cheated on. Did the breakup/getbacktogether thing in the past, where one of us werent 'faithful' to the old relationship. It just proved that we were looking for something else, and felt stuck where we were.

You need to move on, and not make generalizations. In all the 'cool down' cases Ive seen between friends (despite my advise), its been the guy who was out hooking up.

iballgeneralizationsareretarded

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

just cut off all communications with her.

block her facebook, make your myspace private. dont answer her phone calls, dont talk to her, dont talk to her friends about her, dont talk to her friends at all, just dont contact her.

then you will get over her a lot faster than if you dont

4. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

I've already posted this once today so here are the cliffs...if you can't completely get over the fact that she did it you need to cut all ties. If you really feel like you can let it go and never think about it again stay with her. My SO cheated on me three years ago, we took some time apart, I decided I wanted to give it another try, three years later we're happy and going strong. Just depends on how you can/want to handle it.

Good luck!