MMA got an unrequested chiropractic adjustment at BJJ today

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Maestro Nobones, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

was doing round robins, had my dude in my guard and he wrapped me up for a guillotine, I sat forward to alleviate the pressure so he couldn't get leverage. he leaned back to try to wrench my neck causing my butt to come off the ground since I was already sitting forward, then he for some reason dropped all his weight on top of my shoulders, slamming my butt on the mat and bending/compressing my upper spine really hard. my back went rat-a-tat-tat like a tommy gun and I made a nice groan/gurgle noise as the air was compressed out of me.

it was a total accident, we both did something we didn't expect the other to do, and I don't think I'm hurt, but my upper back is stiff as shit. He felt REALLY bad though, it was obvious he wasn't trying to be rampage and guard slam me or anything, but he still felt real bad.

2. Maestro Nobones

luckily I am at the fucking genetic mutant flexibility level. I stretch and practice all sorts of mobility stuff, so I was immediately able to work it and get some circulation in to the area.

I really did earn the nickname 'nobones'. I actually was a contortionist for a period of time.

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

:coold: that flexibility must come in really usefull during bjj

4. Maestro Nobones

I try not to rely on it too much, but as I get better it comes in handy more often.

I'm pretty lanky tho, long limbs, so it kinda balances out