Got an Intel iMac last night...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lokey, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Lokey

Lokey OG Lurker

I kept waiting and waiting for something new, but my iBook G3 kept getting slower so I sprung for a 20" Intel iMac last night. I was going to go for a MacBook Pro but I really don't need the portability anymore and the iBook will do fine for what I need when I am on the road (internet,email, etc.).

Anyway... I have just about everything setup but I haven't put my bookmarks, address book, or mail on the iMac. Is there any easy way to export the exact setup on my iBook to the iMac for Mail.app?

2. dnicol

dnicol shoopdawoop

the first time you set up the computer, hook up a firewire cable between each?

3. Devoidarex

Devoidarex Rexversusu v.2.0

target disk mode ftw?

4. Lokey

Lokey OG Lurker

Eh, I don't have a Firewire cable... I've been using my 3G iPod 15GB to transfer my music, photos and everything, but I wanted to know how to easily transfer my mail messages. Where are they stored? Is there a .pref file I can copy open to make all my rules just work or what?

Anyone?

5. Lokey

Lokey OG Lurker

.Mac came in useful finally... sync'd up my Contacts and Calendar, but all my folders and rules in Mail are still different, weird.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006