MIL Got an email today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mtnbike4522, Jun 8, 2005.

1. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

From my grandma.. the guy shes been dating for several years now. (this guy turned 19 on the day the battle of the bulge started :bowdown:) anyways. his grandson is a marine and going to iraq. she sent me this email and from what im reading he has to buy his own ammo.. is this true at all?

"
    Subject: 6-7-05 9:30 a.m.

Here's an interesting bit of information -- at least for the Marines. I don't know about other branches of service.

John (Bud's nephew's son) and his unit is being shipped to Fallujah on July 4. They were given a list of things they'd have to have for "wartime" duty -- but they have to buy it themselves our of their own private money!!! This includes uniforms, underwear, ammo, boots, etc., etc.

John said he spent $400 day before yesterday on the start of his list.

The FBI is putting together a "care package" for John which will include more ammo than he'll be given when he ships out. He's given 5 rounds and the rest is up to him.

Now, in hindsight, I think I understand why there was so much publicity about "helping the families of the National Guard" when they shipped out. It took all their own, personal, money to equip themselves so there wasn't any left over for the wives and families to pay the rent, much less buy groceries or school clothes for the kids.

What's the matter with this picture????"

2. Ylen

Ylen Guest

i am not in military but will have to say b/s on the ammo part

3. BajaDak

BajaDak If you have poo......fling it now

big time BS...here in fallujah, you can go to supply and get a full issue of gear. We didn't get full combat load of ammo until we got here, but we roll a little heavy out in town, with an average of (12) 5.56 mags and (5) 9mm mags. and as far as the gear issue, all issued imems to include boots and body armor are in full supply, to include stores for combat replacements.

EDIT: inital ammo allocation in Kuwait was (56) 5.56mm rounds and (30) 9mm rounds.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

5. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

thats what i thought.. thanks guys