GUN got an email about the ammo swarm........

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thomor25, Sep 13, 2007.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

It includes my reply

Good luck with that shit, 99% of people in the swarm are not going be able to get it so you can forget the swarm being as big as it was.

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:54 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Ammo Swarm On eSwarm

Dear Swarmer,
    We truly appreciate your involvement, and use of eSwarm. I was amazed when I saw the growth of the ammo swarm, and disappointed that we were not able to get it supplied. I wanted to personally send everyone that was involved a letter ensuring them that we devoted a lot of time and effort to this particular swarm. Please read the following letter from a USCM Ret, and a combatives instructor that will help to further the understanding behind the swarm.
    Kyle Henriksen
    COO
    eSwarm Inc.

Hello,
    As a GySgt. (USMC Ret) and combatives instructors for law enforcement and military, we were asked to look at and evaluate the growing ammunition swarm for .223. Due to the war in Iraq the demand for .223 has been extremely high. This is due to the fact that the standard issue firearm for allied forces is an M4 rather than the typical M16. The reason is that the M4 allows our troops to enter and exit vehicles more easily than the bigger and bulkier M16. The round that is shot out of an M4 is .223 caliber. Likewise, the standard AR15 (utilized by most SWAT team members) also uses .223. Consequently, virtually all potential suppliers of .223 are backordered six months or more. Because of the extremely high demand, the cheapest anyone is willing to offer .233 is about $355 USD per 1000 rounds. In addition, due to the low supply and high demand, every supplier that we have been in contact with stressed that they did not wish to sell ammunition to consumers who were not military or law enforcement officers, as they have the highest need for such a product.
    As a result, we plan to start a swarm that is more likely to be supplied. However, for the sake of supporting our troops and law enforcement, and to optimize who uses what is left of the .233, we will restrict the swarm to consumers possessing a proper federal ID number (Military ID, Police Badge or Conceal Carry permit).
    We thank you for your support and understanding of the needs of our military and law enforcement and we at Police Combatives Training Academy and Axiom LLC would like to thank the creators of eSwarm for providing a platform that allows us to maximally mass distribute solutions to those in need while minimizing the precursors to violent or disruptive events.

Sincerely –
    GySgt. Hans Marrero (USMC Ret.) and
    Allen Bridgeman Senior Combatives Instructor

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

What? So regular folks don't deserve to have ammo to practice and protect themselves? That's BS. Restricted access to ammo, training, and other things is retarded. The military gets all the ammo it needs. It is NOT hurting for ammunition right now. There's no need to restrict sales to just Mil/LE. No manufacturer is going to look at a swarm and say, "You know what, I could sell all this ammo to the gov't or to LE, but instead, I'm going to sell it to civilians." They are still going to sell to government entities that need it, but the overage should be available to anyone who wants to buy it. The proposed "restricted" swarm is basically saying that the government is buying so much ammo that there's not much left, and what IS left should STILL go to government. How does that make sense?

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Told you guys it would never happen.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

what a fucking cock holster

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

So my HCP permit is a federal ID card :rofl: :wtf:

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

lame

7. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

i just got the same email. apparently i can use either my NC or CT pistol permits

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i wonder if a CA handgun safety cerfiticate would count :o :wtc:

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I love the fact that you can buy .223 with a concealed carry permit, because I take an AR with me everywhere.

I Also love that they basically say all military weapons use the .223 when really its the 5.56 x 45. I do understand that they are almost identical and probably a lot of the the same machinery and assembly lines are used in both. Still kind of makes it feel like I am being talked down to.

Well there goes the concept of free market and supply and demand.

10. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Bullshit, LEO can get 1k rounds for like 200 bucks.

oh, and dwi, this is actually a perfect example of the free market. It just happens to be that the government is the highest bidder for a comodity :dunno:

11. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Well, I replied with a polite letter explaining why I'm opposed to their plan to the next swarm, and why I won't be participating if they go through with the Federal ID thing.

12. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Time to start reloading.

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Its more the being told that unless you are a LEO CCW or armed forces you can't buy it that makes it :ugh:

I do understand what you are saying in the big picture you are correct, but in this instance its a little hazy.

14. Silver96Firebird

Silver96Firebird New Member

You can still buy .223 (abet a bit more expensive) from tons of places but in lower quantites. You have to admit that it's going to the people fighting the war, and that's where it should be going.

15. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:wiggle:

Got an email back from the guy, basically they aren't setting anything in stone about requirements for the next one. If you are going to send an email, please be polite :hsd:

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

interesting. i emailed him just now explaining my position, also adding that if they do this i wont be participating. :dunno: :x:

17. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

OT WMD needs to start a business! With all the demand, and low supply, it's a wonder why so many factories haven't been popping up all over. I'm sure it's a ton to start one up though.

18. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I don't think it is so much the machinery as the insurance that stops more people from getting into the business.

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

got a reply:

:dunno: everyone who was involved should reply

20. drm600

drm600 New Member

federal id? i wonder if a ffl would be accepted?

21. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I can understand that. Would make it extremely difficult to get up, running, and profitable within a decent timeframe.

22. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

The people over at GOTX ripped him a new one too, and he registered over there and made a quasi apology

23. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

link?

24. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:ugh: you have to register