GUN Got a range membership today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mvizos, Jan 30, 2007.

1. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Went in with some coworkers, guy informed me again that its cheaper to get a membership than to pay each visit (20 bucks an hour vs 35 a month...membership is unlimited use)...since this was my 3rd visit in january, figured I need to just sign up & get it over with.

So, joined up. Plus I get to jump the waiting line (if there is one...and there always is on weekends) over the non-members :run:

I have to imagine i'll be experiencing an ammo shortage in the future, since I can get to this place during lunch :noes:

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Which range? (you're VA crew, right?)

3. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Blue ridge. it's easier to get to blue ridge from my office than it is to get to NRA, and it's usually much less crowded on week days compared to NRA.

4. Buzz Killington

Is the rifle side also 25 yards? :hs:

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Man, that's really expensive. The private range here is only $60/year. It's outdoor, but still.

6. Buzz Killington

:Northern Virginia:

The only outdoor range is in bumblefuck and you are required to buy their ammo to shoot there (granted, its free, but still).

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

my outdoor range is $40/year :hs:

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

SFSA ftw.

9. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

My outdoor range is $30/year. The first year you pay an extra $30 to sign up but after that it's only $30/year. They have an indoor range with competitions. Outdoor ranges are 100yd rifle, 50yd rifle, 25/50yd pistol, blackpowder, plinking range(ie shoot anything), another 25 yd pistol/misc range. Its full of rednecks and old people, but they are some decent guys once you actually talk to them. They have alot of useful info. I will hit up a seperate indoor range once in awhile when it's really cold outside. That is expensive. $60/3 month membership. Indoor pistol only, 50ft.

10. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I can go outdoor, but I'd have to buy their ammo, like bmw1600 said...which is shitty ammo at robbery prices.

other than that, I could go to NRA, but it's always crowded.

There is an outdoor range I go to in WV, but it's a ways out there. No fee, berms at (I think) 25 / 50 / 75 / 150 yards.

Theres also an indoor range in martinsburg wv...$3.50 for a lane, and then you pay 50 cents to turn the lights on. But they only have 4 lanes, and 1 of those is always closed.

So, considering that this is about the only place I'd be able to get to during my lunch hour, and it's not terribly crowded at that time, it's really not all that expensive.

Yes. Unfortunately. But the rifles I'm shooting are mostly my cx4 storm & my 10/22. Occasionally my ar, but not often. I usually take that to the outdoor range, since I've got so much steel core ammo for it.

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

20 bucks an hour? FUCK

12. sprite

sprite Active Member

Outdoor ranges are pretty much the only option around here. I'm a member of the most hillbilly one and it is $35/yr, the others in a comparable driving distance are about double that, but do have a little bit nicer facilities. The nearest indoor range that I know if is about a 2+ hour drive.

13. mvizos

mvizos New Member

yeah.

they aren't that strict on the weekdays, but on weekends....they could be depending on the line.

14. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

shooting behind your house crew holla

15. 7

:embd:

16. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

What's up with WV reciprocity, WVSP issue a ruling on that yet?

17. 7

IIRC we only honor Kentucky and resident VA permits but I don't carry so I don't really keep up with it :dunno:

18. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

my range is 250 a year, and must be paid in full. if they had monthly memberships at 30 i would do it in a heart beat. but my budget doesn't allow for 250, so i am saving up...

19. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

I just pay $11 every time I go. Our indoor rifle range is 75 yards. :big grin:

20. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

ya serious my indoor is 250 for a 'family'. hopefully they'll let my friends and i get together on that shit.

21. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Closest outdoor range to me is ... crappy. 50/100 yards, but you shoot from a bench through tubes in a bern that's ~20 yards from the bench, and they're awfully picky on what kinds of ammunition they'll allow. They're awfully proud of their ammunition too - $22 for 20x 7.62x39. The pistol range is better - 7, 15, & 25 yard stands, and the staff there isn't a bunch of jerks. $15 all day, but since the rifle range sucks, I don't think I'll be going back too often.

For pistol shooting, Bass Pro shops has a decent indoor range - ~20 yards, 7 lanes, motorized carriages. $8/hour, but they've yet to call time on me whenever they're not busy and my shooting starts declining after 200 rounds anyway. They also have a 50 yard rifle tube in the basement, but I think they'd frown on shooting the AK there.

I think I need to find some federal/state land in an unincorporated area to shoot at since I gather that some of the other outdoor rifle ranges around me are quite the free-for-all.