Got a question *pic*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Here's a picture of my 'documents and settings' folder. I was wondering if I could delete the 'administrator sophie' 'administrator sophie 000' folders. And also, though it's prob. not recomended could I delete the 'all users' and 'default user' folders. Don't know if these are needed. There will only ever be one account on this computer and that's 'Mycophiles'.

[​IMG]

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

do *not* delete the all users or default users folders.

I would recommend you log in as administrator (the account exists, even though you don't think you can see it) and see which of the profiles belong to it. You can delete the others.

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Ok, this sounds like a dumb question but I don't see a way to log into the Admin account. I tried to log out but only the Mycophiles account is there. In the accounts area all there is is the Mycophiles account. Is there a specific was to see the admin account?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

log out. Then press "ctrl+alt+del-del"

That gives you the "traditional" login prompt. Manually type "administrator" in the username box. Use whatever password you setup when installing windows.

5. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

That's good to know.

In the account settings of 'Administrator' there were 3. The administator (password protected) Mycophiles (Administrator Rights) and Guest.

Where is this Administrator Sophie 000?

I did have a bit of a problem using treak xp months ago. Was looking at it in the trial version. Didn't change anything but I did go into the startup option where it had the option to change who logs onto the computer at startup. I clicked the down arrow and took a look at the options but I didn't change anything. Next time I loged onto the computer I logged on as what looked like a new user. Since I didn't change anything in Tweak XP I just uninstalled it and checked Tweak UI for the startup settings. Sure enouph it was set for a new user. I changed it back to my user and everythings been great since. I guess that's where the new account came from but that begs the questions which one is the real account? Admin. Sophie or Admin Sophie.000. Common sense says the 000 account is bogus but with computers I'm always triple and quadriple checking because things are never what they seem. It's prob. smart just to leave it the way it is.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

thats why you want to log in as admin and identify the correct acct.

7. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Aha... didn't think of that. Then I can delete the other folder? There's no account attatched to it so I don't see a reason why not.

8. Chris

Chris New Member

if you've never used those accounts most of those folder are just going to be full of links to global programs and stuff like that, not taking as hardly any space at all

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

its pointless but you could delete