Got a question about relationship starter

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I'm 22, but have been without a gf for 3 years, basically by choice. I dont have a problem getting girls, talking to them, etc. But I've finally found a girl that im interested in a relationship with, and there's a lot of potential there for it to actually happen. We've been hanging out every day for about 1.5 weeks now and enjoying each others company. To my question: At this age, is it still appropriate to 'ask a girl to be your girlfriend' (Obviously not stated that way, but that's the easiest way to put it on here)...Or is it more appropriate to just end up letting it be an understood thing?

I feel like a relationship retard :hs:

2. DINide

DINide New Member

you can't make it "an understood thing"

nice and simple..."be with me" or "let's be exclusive" :dunno:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I know that you mean. When we were younger it was kind of the thing to say "will you be my gf/bf?" With my current SO a long time ago we had been dating a while and were pretty much bf/gf but since we hadn't proclaimed it I still felt a little weird. So I nerdily asked one night "are you my boyfriend?"

I of course laugh at it now, but if you want to make it official you could always say to her something along the lines that you would like to be exclusive

4. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

Also, what is a good timeframe to do it in? I'm thinking like 2 weeks, but feel it may be too soon. We get along really well though, she stays here basically every night already...so it seems appropriate. :dunno:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

There should never be a set time frame, it should just be whenever you feel it's right. If you'd like her to be your "girlfriend" then tell her so!

6. fray

fray New Member

check yes or no :rofl:

7. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

"maybe"

8. f1manoz

f1manoz Active Member

If you spend a lot of time together, what do you actually do? Because if all you do is 'friend' things, try asking her out for a meal or something. Maybe that will give her the idea of your intentions.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

She should be the one pushing for the relationship.

Take things slowly in the beginning. Very slow.

It is very important to set the proper tone in the beginning by not spending all your free time with her. Make sure to maintain your life that is separate from her, or one day you will realize it is gone.

10. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

We kind of do, kind of don't. We're in college, so i'll go to my classes, do some work, go to the gym, etc. One of us will call later at night, we'll sit around, make out, talk, watch a movie, etc.

So it's not like we're spending all of our free time together, but we do spend time together on most days :dunno:

And what are you saying will be gone? my life?

11. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Would seem to me the relationship has already started, you're just unsure of where she stands on the subject. Just straight up ask her.

12. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I've made out with a ton of girls...and never thought of a relationship w/ them

though, this one is a bit diff. for me since I feel there is interest level for a relationship to develop. It's only been a week.. I'll probably give it this week and see where everything stands and move from there :dunno:

13. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

I wouldn't feel any pressure to define it within a week. Why not just enjoy what you're doing now?

14. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I am, and there's no real 'pressure' to do it...I just said I'll see where we stand after that. If I feel it's appropriate at the time, i'll do it. If not, I won't :dunno: