A&P got a new toy for my camera *pic*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by M-1000, Oct 18, 2002.

1. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

[​IMG]

for my olympus c-3020z. screws on around the lens that is already there. im gonna get the 43mm-55mm adapter tomorrow to add on to this

2. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

this is what im gonna try to get tomorrow

[​IMG]

screws on to the adapter pictured above. increases additional lens size from 43mm to 55mm

depending on the lenses i want to get that is. it would be a good choice to get it though incase some lenses arent 43mm ;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2002
  3. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

How do you like your 3020? I can get a display model one from Target for 225, but it doesn't come with anything. Do you think it is worth it? I will have to either buy a card reader or USB cord and also get a smart media card and it doesn't come with instructions. Do you think the price it worth it ?

4. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

225 american? thats a steal for this camera. i love this camera. the only downside is no sound in movie mode. it gives amazing picture quality.

$225 for the camera
    128mb smart media card $60-80
    smart media reader $? id guess around 30

thats still just over 300 american. i payed 750 canadian. id say youd be gettin a deal. if its a display model they should have the box and extras for it (16mb card, USB cord, photoshop elements, camedia software, carrying strap)

5. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

It seems to be the only one that doesn't have all the stuff for it. No manuals, no USB cord, no SM card. I planned on buying a bigger card anyway so thats no big deal, but I would have liked to have the cord. No lens cap or strap either. Just the camera and it is 224.95 plus tax for it. I will probably end up buying a card reader anyway so that really isn't a big deal either. I am going to see if I can talk them down to 180 or 200 and if not, just buy it anyway. See if I can get them to give it to me for cheaper since it is on clearance anyway and show them how much it is going to cost me to get things that aren't with it but should be. I'll keep you updated to see how it turns out.

6. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

Also, there was no question that I was going to buy it for 225 until I found out that they didn't have anything at all for it. I really dont want to spend too much on a camera as I am limited on funds but this seems to be a really good deal.

7. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

well 225 will get you a good 2.x mp camera with everything. but 225 for a 3.2 mp is pretty good. honestly, i havnt taken the strap out of its packaging, and i dont even use my lens cap :o. ive read on here that card readers transer a lot quicker than the usb cable anyway. and youll find out that the 16mb card sucks. it holds 21 pictures (1024x768 resolution) in SQ mode. my 128mb card holds 215. this particular camera has "AEL lock", so say youre gonna make a panorama. press AEL lock and the brightness is locked :cool:. that way you dont have pictures that are darker and brighter than each other and look like ass when you stitch them together.

8. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

Yeah, I will probably end up getting it tomorrow. I will test it out at a football game this weekend to see how it does. I probably suck at taking pictures but hopefully I will learn soon enough. Any kind of advice for settings and different ways to take certain pictures in different situations, it would be appreciated.

9. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

my advice is just play around with the camera for a while. mess around with auto mode, P. if you want to take videos, turn it to S_Prg. press the OK button, press UP, and then go to the projector icon. the movies arent the best quality or resolution, but theyre still pretty good. it took me a while to figure out how to work everything. i ended up refering to the manual after about 3 months to maximize my usage. check www.olympusamerica.com for an online manual. they might have one. if not, just PM me when you got a question about somethin, ill help you out :bigthumb:

10. RedDemonSA

RedDemonSA Guest

Hell yeah, I'd do it.

Get a smart media card reader for $25, 100MB Card for $70-$100 which you would probably buy anyway, and you can download the instructions off the Olympus site is which what I had done a while back.

:hitit:

11. Fububutsy

Fububutsy Saints Son!

Well, now I have to replace at least the alternator on my POS Honda, so I am not sure that I will have the money to. My Uncle used to rebuild alternators, so he might be able to do it for me. It just depends on if there is anything else that needs fixing right away.