TAT Got a new tattoo last week v. still hurts like crazy!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Lucky Penny, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Got a new tattoo last week v. still hurts like crazy! NOW WITH PICTARS

So I got my second tattoo a week ago today. It's from the outside of my right ankle down to the top of my foot. It hardly hurt at all when I got it done, but now, a week later, it hurts all the damn time!

I got my first tattoo about 7 years ago, on the middle of my back. I used coco butter, it healed up really nicely and it didn't hurt at all while it was healing. This time, I'm using H2Ocean- I clean it, put the lotion on every 3 hours, the whole shebang. Bitch hurts like crazy.

I read the stickies, but I didn't see any info that might apply to this situation. What gives?

**EDIT** I have some sort of blemish under part of my tattoo- that's why it hurts. What do I do with this?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  2. Lucky Penny

Awesome. I'll hit CVS in the morning.

I just read the thread about sticckyfingaaz's foot ink. I'm a little less annoyed now.

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

lotion every 3hrs is pretty intense...you don't need to do that much

4. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

I use aquaphor every single time and I heal like a champ.

5. Lucky Penny

3 hours is what the guy who did my tattoo said- but if you guys think it's too much, I'll cut it down.

new development today- I have some sort of blemish under part of my tattoo- it's like a zit. No wonder it hurts so damn bad. What do I do? Just leave it alone? put something on it?

ideas?

Pics for reference:

Boo-boo foot
    [​IMG]

Sorry these suck- but try taking a pic of your own foot- not so easy..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Based on this:
    [​IMG]

6. vwjetta

vwjetta New Member

The best way I can recommend healing a tattoo is washing it with antibacterial soap 3x a day for the first 3 days. Pat dry and let any remaining moisture dry off for the next 5-10 min. Apply a small layer of aquaphor (so it shines in the light but not too greasy). After the first 3 days wash the tattoo for 1 or 2 times a day and follow previous directions, minus the aquaphor. Apply lotion 2-3 times a day. If you apply lotion every 3 hours, you never let the damaged skin dry enough to start peeling, which makes it just "sit" there. Also, ankle and foot area is a lot more tender than any other area, Im sure a lot of the pain is from bruising that you cant see.

I hope this helps

7. vwjetta

vwjetta New Member

Just saw your pics... It looks like you might be rubbing the tattoo too much with either socks or shoes, try and wear slippers or flip-flops for now. Also, if the blister starts to swell, that could mean you have moisture stuck under the skin. stop applying lotions or creams for a day or 2 and see if the swelling goes down. Basically, by lotioning it so much, you werent letting the tattoo dry enough (lotion builds a barrier, trapping the moisture in). I would definitely cut down on the amount of lotion

8. Lucky Penny

It was looking a little bruised- I didn't know if I was just seeing things or what. Yeah I've been wearing socks - loose fitting as I can find- for the past few days cause it's been freezing here. Never thought the socks + the lotion would be the problem! I've got my socks off- won't put lotion on for a day or two and go from there.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Much appreciated! :wavey:

9. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

looks like a clogged pore....I get them when I slather too much lotion on my ink. Cut back on the lotion and that fucker will disappear.

10. Lucky Penny

:rofl: Thank God! Cause this thing hurts more than getting the actual tattoo.

11. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

i got one of those on the back of my leg when i got one of my tattoos, i'm a guy and i'm sure much hairier than a woman, but just leave it alone, i tried to pick at one and almost fucked up a little part of my ink

12. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh New Member

:werd: 3 times a day is enough for a fresh tattoo. After a week, drop down to 2 times a day. Then eventually to once a day. You'll over saturate it.